The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » magic systems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Is anyone here familiar with magic systems that originate from below the equator? There are some details I need to hammer out on somthing I am working on but I need a question or two answered.
Thanks Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Will,

Are you talking about Voudon or Vernet? Perhaps you could expand your question so that we might help.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
what I am looking for specificly is this....

in most magical systems ie: wicca, high magic, earth magic etc... when casting a spell the Magi moves in a clockwise circle.
I am trying to figure out wether or not the same is true of sub-equitorial systems. Reason I am asking is authenticty for a bizzare routine I am trying to put together. If someone has any information on this or in general on systems of magic from below the equator please post here or email me.
Again, thanks! Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Profile of petethecreeper
I once heard that ancient superstition held that when magic spells (and sometimes dance steps) utilize a clockwise motion ("going with the sun"), it is to run with the order of nature. Going against the sun (counter-clockwise) was considered evil. This is all second hand information, however, so don't take my word for it 100%.

I think counter-clockwise motions below the equator are mainly reserved for water going down drains. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » magic systems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL