The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Laymen friend 'discovered' Chien Pin Hang! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
I have a friend who I show some tricks to, but he doesn't know any himself, and one day he coems and shows me this trick that he came up with: he takes a pound coin and a penny one in each hands, and puts the hands down on the table, and the coins have come together. I'd never shown him any tricks with either HPC/CPH move, so I was impressed that he came up with them! He might have discovered them somewhere, but I doubt it, and his hands, having obviosuly practiced, it looked pretty good! The next day he did the same trick without slamming the coins onto the table, he was using what I suppose is Jaz's pitch move. All in all I was very impressed!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just goes to show you how INDEPENDENT INVENTION happens so often.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Let's see, one guy in over a hundred years figures out HPC's move then goes on to reinvent the Gallo Pitch? Not so likely, but remotely possible.

Tony Sldini invented several ways to duplicate the effect when folks were hesitant to teach him the HPC sleight.

Got me wondering about how much of our craft is on the air and hence implanted into people's minds from early experience.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Just to say that was actually Platt's pitch move, my fault getting very confused...
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
And there's no chance that your friend has internet access and might find some of these ideas on the web?

Look for the most obvious answer first. When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras.
Omega
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Omega
Good lord you all are such skeptics it takes the fun out of things. I think its pretty cool that he came up with it. If it turns out he didn't then oh well, but don't act like you know it all.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-05-07 19:22, Omega wrote:
Good lord you all are such skeptics it takes the fun out of things. I think its pretty cool that he came up with it. If it turns out he didn't then oh well, but don't act like you know it all.

We're magicians, not muggles. You want dopey incredulity... go play with the muggles.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Y'know, my vague memory glands seem to remember many many moons ago some layman doing that. Showing a coin in each hand and slapping palms down tossing one across to the other. Seems like it was going around in drinking establishments.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

I'm with Pete...I learned that slapping thing from a muggle in grade school. The muggle was in high school at the time. Like the four jacks burglers card trick it's something that has leaked into muggledom. Same for the story trick about giving a guy two dollar tips. Smile Oh yeah... that guy had color vision too. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Laymen friend 'discovered' Chien Pin Hang! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL