The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Character Voices (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
A product by Pat Fraley (Greatest Cartoon Voice Tricks Ever Smuggled Out of Hollywood) was brought up on Ring2100. You can check out his site @ http://www.patfraley.com It looks like he has some pretty good stuff.

Best
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Excellent resource!! Thanks for the tip. I can already see me ordering from him. The Cartoon voice set seems like a great place to start.

Chris Johnson
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
For those near Hollywood, I received this from Pat today....

As I write this, Audiobook Publishers are back in D.C. making book deals at their National Convention. This summer and fall they will be hiring their readers. Make sure you're one of them.Â
Regards, Pat Fraley

patfraleypresents

The Audiobook Master Event
Saturday, June 17, Hollywood, 2006

There are no better possibilities for voice performance in the country than the bustling Audiobook Market. Â

How about walking away from this event with your Audiobook Demo completely recorded?

FIVE MASTERS guide you through performance techniques, directing you recording your demo, and all the audiobook business information needful to enter this gold rush market at full throttle.

Performance Techniques
Acquire techniques for preparing and performing the 8 Key Types of Audiobooks (i.e., Classic Fiction, Self-Help, Mystery, etc.) and learn where you best fit in this wide open market.

Recorded Audiobook Demo

Record your three book excerpts, putting your best foot forward in pristine professional quality sound. Your work is mastered and send to you within days.

Invaluable Marketing Information

Learn how to get hired to read Audiobooks. In your Event Workbook, you will receive invaluable information on how to bid a job, and inside information on those who will hire you. Learn how to create simple, effective ‘pitch packages’ so that you may suggest titles to read to audiobook publishers.

PATRICK FRALEY: Producer, teacher, and performer of audiobooks for 20 years. Multi “Audie” Award Recipient (the “Oscar” of Audiobooks). Patrick’s production and performance of “Huck Finn” is heralded as “The best of this evergreen ever.” (People Magazine)

HILLARY HUBER: Recently, Hillary Huber landed a 6 audiobook deal with an audiopublisher. No agent, just a phone call. Hillary produces, directs and performs audiobooks. She records her books ALONE in her very modest home studio. She will teach, direct, and yield valuable insight into reading audiobooks. The last book she read "A Field of Darkness," is enjoying rave reviews.

KIMBERLY BREAULT: Performer/Producer/Teacher, who most recently read the highly acclaimed, “Lying Together” by Jennifer Beth, will be there to personally guide, cast, and rehearse you with the perfect material to best suit your abilities.

KATHE MAZUR: A leading voice in audio books, having recorded such bestsellers as “The Nanny Diaries,” and “The Birth of Venus” will be on hand to share the inside story on performing for major publishers like Random House, and Penguin Audio.

ROBB HOLT: The premiere producer/engineer in Hollywood records your best work in pristine quality. With over 26 years experience, Robb gets it right.

Cost:Â $695. 100. Deposit Required
Place:Â The Famous Bell Sound Studios in Hollywood
(916 N. Citrus is located one block south of Romaine Ave., one block west of Highland)
When:Â 10:00-6:00 Saturday, June 17, 2006
Workshop is limited to 12 participants (sign up now! This will fill rapidly)
To Enroll:Â patrfraleyteaches@aol.com or call 818.400-3733.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Character Voices (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL