The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Devin Knight's Time Barrier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Dear all,

When I first saw this illusion out in the market I though it was just another A frame illusion. However after reading through its detailed effects description, I felt that this routine is a real winner. The plot is strong and if gives a reason for passing through the solid object , unlike classic walking through effects whereby a performer just walks through a solid object because he "can" walk through it.

Through my research on the Café on this illusion, I felt that one concern is to build the illusion higher then when the curtain is raised. This will emphasize that the barrier is still there when the curtain is up.

Devin's Time Barrier Illusion is only 6 feet tall. I have sent Devin a mail to ask if I could purchase his routine rights and also rights to manufacture a 7 foot set for me. If not , whether he could custom manufacture a 7 foot set Time Barrier Illusion for me. I am still awaiting his reply. Maybe he can reply to me via PM at the Café.

In the mean time, if someone have a used Time Barrier and would like to let go at a good price, I would love to get it and test the routine with a live audience.

Cheers!

Regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Does anyone have a vid of this? I have heard all about it but never gotten to watch it!
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
The walking through effect is a standard method as Andrew Mayne's A frame (If I am not wrong) , I find whats strong is not really just the passing through effect but the concept for the entire illusion. It gives a point as to whay the magician should pass throuh the barrier. This is probable the best presentation for the A Frame to date I have seen.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
My "WEB" is a MUCH stronger effect. The performers real hands and head are NEVER out of full view of the audience. Vid is on my site.

Jack
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2006-05-07 12:11, ReDeFiNe wrote:
I felt that one concern is to build the illusion higher then when the curtain is raised. This will emphasize that the barrier is still there when the curtain is up.

I agree. That is one thing that confuses me about this illusion. In order for it to work, the top of the barrier, whether it is bars, a mirror or brick, has to be visible at all times. That means it has to be taller then the highest point of the curtain when it is raised. If this barrier is only six feet tall, then I don't see the point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Devin Knight's Time Barrier (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL