The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best handling of gaffed wild card? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I recently picked up Tom Dobrowolski's DVD and can say that it is quite clever. Not only does it take place in the spectators hands, it's a great routine. It's worth a look.
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Snidini:

Thanks for buying the dvd and glad you liked it! Hopefully you were able to access the Easter Egg to see the bonus 6 card handling. If you didn't let me know and I'll tell you how to get to it. It's the method I now use most often. Thanks again for the support. - Tom

P.S.- Copies are available from magic dealers worldwide or through my website in my profile.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
If you really want to take your Wild Card routine to higher levels, I would suggest getting a copy of Racherbaumer's book, "Wild Card Kit" from L&L Publishing.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Dobrowolski DVD is excellent. Beautful handling. Can't find the easter egg, though. Of course, I have never found one on a DVD. Baffling!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

MagicChris:

Thanks so much for the kind words and really glad you liked the handling. I just heard from a friend of mine in Las Vegas that Alan Ackerman is speaking highly of it also.

To access the Easter Egg go to the main menu screen. Tab down to the DVDROM button. Once there hit the left arrow and my hands will light up (turn yellow). Hit enter and the bonus six card routine will play. The six card routine is the one I use most these days.

If you have any further questions, etc. please let me know. Thanks again for the support.- Tom
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Just received this pleasant e-mail from Alan Ackerman regarding my DVD:

“There are only a few of published close-up routines that are specifically geared to the standup performer that do not have the luxury of a table. If you like Wild Card and you often find yourself working in a walk around situation then this routine is for you. The routine is extremely visual, has no apparent discrepancies, and no awkward moves. I really like this handling and have added the routine to my repertoire. – Allan Ackerman”

Thanks Allan !!

Available from magic shops world wide (dealers from Murphys) or directly from me through the website in my profile. - Tom
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
One word:

WoW!

This is nothing like what you've seen before in Wild Card. Tom has taken this to an all new level.

It'll take me a while to get all the new moves down, but it'll be well worth it.

Thanks Tom
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2006-06-25 20:37, Tom Dobrowolski wrote:
Just received this pleasant e-mail from Alan Ackerman regarding my DVD:

“There are only a few of published close-up routines that are specifically geared to the standup performer that do not have the luxury of a table. If you like Wild Card and you often find yourself working in a walk around situation then this routine is for you. The routine is extremely visual, has no apparent discrepancies, and no awkward moves. I really like this handling and have added the routine to my repertoire. – Allan Ackerman”

Thanks Allan !!

Available from magic shops world wide (dealers from Murphys) or directly from me through the website in my profile. - Tom

Speaking of easter eggs, on the genii forum
Someone suggested a database should exist so...
I just created the start of an Easter Egg Database...

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/eastereggs.cfm

the initial entries were found on the genii forum.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Dave:

You're welcome and thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad you like the routine! You'll be up to speed with the moves pretty quickly. If you have any questions, etc. please just let me know.

Again thanks for the support !! - Tom
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-06-30 04:29, Frank Starsini wrote:
Speaking of easter eggs, someone suggested a database should exist so...
I just created the start of an Easter Egg Database...

Excellent! Thanks Frank! I saw these on the other forum and I'm glad to see that someone with a website has taken the ball and run with it.
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
Quote:
On 2006-05-08 13:26, meyegr wrote:
Peter Samuelson has an interesting approach in Theatrical Close-Up called Invasion of the Body Snatchers (from memory).

Haha, a very close friend, Brian O'neill has that routine down pat, and I must say, it's VERY entertaining.
Definitely worth a look if you like to laugh, and like cheesy but good presentations.
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Call of the wild by john bannon
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I watched a demo of Call of the Wild and just purchased it. Utterly fantastic. My big problem with the traditional Wild Card routine is that there doesn't seem to be much point to it. This routine not only motivates why the cards change but has them change three times! I love this routine.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
"Especially Wild" from Meir Yedid is worth a look.

Paul.
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
Simon Lovell has a great double DVCD called Packet Killer and he has a charming little Wild Card routine. Well worth a look. I do this version all the time. The subtleties along the way allow front and backs to be shown quite a bit strengthening the effect. "Simey" is great to watch anyway.
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
Mike Heitkamper
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Mike Heitkamper
Bannon's Call of The Wild gets my vote, followed by Darwin Ortiz's version.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I just picked up "Call of the Wild" last week and it's a BLAST! I've just finished writing my patter and now another 100 or so run throughs and I'll be taking it out for field trials! Another very cool piece of work by John Bannon!

MMc
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I'll second Tommy Wonder's version of Wild Card. I haven't ever done it, only because I don't know the initial set up of the cards. He doesn't explain how many normal cards he has, how many df cards he has, and what cards he gimmicks together. I also didn't catch what order the stack is in. I have watched it multiple times, and still can't get it heh. Can somebody help me out? So if anyone could please enlighten me, it would be very, very helpful.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Joey,
you can find the whole routine in "The Books of Wonder" Vol 1 pge 179-201 ( The Tamed Card ).
Regards
Detlef
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Jay Sankey's Target Practice. Nice idea using cards with holes punched in them.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best handling of gaffed wild card? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL