The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Blaine Pulling Teeth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
What the....? now that was a pretty interesting illusion. Im goin to go now and practice on my girlfriend but if it doesn't work...does anyone know of a good dentist?

(For the serious readers,I was only joking. don't try this at home... "go to your neighbors")quoted from Amazing Jonathan
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Joke Response 1: Why do that to your girlfriend when you can do so many other things Smile . You know, like jam her into an uncomfortably small spaces and puncture the space with as many sharp objects as possible.

Joke Response 2: Pulling teeth, huh? Sure sounds like love to me.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
If you are gonna do this on your girlfriend make sure that she takes the same stooge classes as the lady in the tv special. She was the worst actress I have ever seen - her reaction was totally unbelievable, IMO.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
I might know how it works....

Did she ask if her tooth was gone?

EDIT: This should be moved to the street magic topic
Tarbell!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Man you know that was good stuff.
Bill Martin
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Bill Martin
Anyone know where I can get a folding tooth like that? Smile
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
LOL......
alexgutz
View Profile
New user
San Antonio, Texas
9 Posts

Profile of alexgutz
Hey Bill......I thought that was a Goshman sponge tooth. They're available in white, brown, black, or yellow!! Full routine and acting lessons on DVD...ALEX
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Nick,
Ive done all those but this would seem more interesting. Besides I can fix them if it doesn't work with fixodent ....it should be called fixatooth.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I know the dentist that designed it !!!!
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Who is it?
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I felt uncomfortable with the apparent blood from her mouth on his hands, and how he seemed willing to transfer that to others.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
It wasnt there at first. He turned away from the audience and the cameras while everyone was staring at her and put blood on his fingers cuz then he turned around and had it on them.

and I agree totally marvello, she was the worst stooge that he couldve had. She had the most "uh duh" look on her face then id ever seen. I didn't even feel her pain. But the reappearance of them cought my attention.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
It wasnt there at first. He turned away from the audience and the cameras while everyone was staring at her and put blood on his fingers cuz then he turned around and had it on them.

and I agree totally marvello, she was the worst stooge that he couldve had. She had the most "uh duh" look on her face then id ever seen. I didn't even feel her pain. But the reappearance of them cought my attention.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2006-05-09 00:41, Kline wrote:
I know the dentist that designed it !!!!

Hmmmm...for the amount he is charging me for a broken tooth, I wonder if he could fix me up with that effect while he is at it.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Shaun, The issue isn't when, where, or if the blood came from somewhere, the issue is with the perception of what allegedly occured.
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
That trick was pretty stupid anyways.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Oh don't get me wrong Truth I agree with you on the blood. Some things should be left out I know I wouldnt be a happy spectator if the performer was sticking a bloody finger in my face.

but I was merely stating for those who might take this trick serious is that it wasnt real blood.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
For the record, Hofsinzer was known to perform an effect with a woman's set of teeth. Check the writings of Rick Jay for the full story.

Brad
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Quote:
On 2006-05-09 00:57, truthteller wrote:
I felt uncomfortable with the apparent blood from her mouth on his hands, and how he seemed willing to transfer that to others.

I'm tempted to say that I think that was actually part of the effect. What I mean is, the "blood" on his hands would be a good reason to not reapeat the effect, even though he seemed willing to do so. I think Blaine knew that noone would want bloody fingers in their mouths, and therefore he prevented the "do it again!" factor. All the while, he's offering to do it again. It's actually pretty clever... Plus, it all falls into his persona.

Don't get me wrong, I instantly thought the bloody fingers was a gross concept. But, I also think it was done on purpose.

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Blaine Pulling Teeth (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL