The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Blogging my progress (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Hey guys,

Recently I started a simple blog page to think out loud about the progress of my magic business. If you would like to check it out and make comments or suggestions, please go to http://richardsmagic.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Richard
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Your blog seems fine.

However, I want to understand what is accomplished with a blog. To me it is like reading someones diary. Why would I want to read a blog or diary? People tell me to start a blog to get publicity. How and why do people find your blog? (other than posting it on the Café or other forums).

Maybe it is because I am of an age that just does not get it. (Baby Boomer)
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Really, I don't much understand it either. They are pretty easy to set up and I look at it as a way to just think out loud - very much like a diary. By making myself post these thoughts publicly, I am forced to clarify things enough to communicate them. That helps keep me organized and moving forward.

As far as using a blog for publicity, for the most part I don't think it does much. During the Kerry campaign, blogs generated a lot of publicity because they were actively promoting through the media. For the average guy, however, I don't think they get much attention.

What they are good for, however, is allowing people to make a "personal" message forum that can be pretty specific in focus. I used to have a chess blog where I posted analysis of games I had played. A few people became regulars and helped me improve by posting suggestions and critiques of my analysis. That's what I'm hoping will happen with my new blog.

Probably the most popular magic blog is "The Learned Pig" I just wish Marco would update it more often.

Thanks,
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Blogging my progress (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL