The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Juan Pablo/ Lonnie Chevrie/Doug McKenzie Bill Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
I must say that from the looks of it Dougs handling is a much needed improvement.I read up on the Juan Hundred doller bill switch, and its handling seems unrealistic for the real world.It could be used on stage, but close-up it would be tuff to pull off.And after seeing Doug's demo, which he did on the street, it looks more usable.Cant wait to get the dvd,also I recommend that everyone looks into Juans handling.

~SIX~
Chevrie
View Profile
Regular user
West Texas
120 Posts

Profile of Chevrie
I agree that anyone interested in this effect should look into the Juan Pablo original handling. It's pretty hard to beat. I'm not sure that the demo video clip of Doug's routine proves any advantage in the "real world". To me it looks like the same people standing on either side of him protecting the angles. They look like secret service agents, not even watching the trick at all. It's true this effect does have angle and backlighting problems. However, both of these issues can be dealt with. I perform this effect all of the time, I'm just careful to watch the lighting and the angles. I will say that Doug's brilliant solution is definitely worth looking into if you are interested in performing this effect. And if you are interested in this effect a good starting place would be John Lovicks book "Switch".
Lonnie Chevrie
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5376 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
A good place to start would be lonnie chevries dvd!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2875 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I agree with Lonnie.

You really can't go wrong with the Switch book. I am amazed at the amount of great material in this book.

Not only is there a great switch from Lonnie described int the book (completely different than Grandpa's Dollar) but the original Juan Pablo routine is described in full detail as well as DOZENS of other excellent changes, presentations, and routines.

All the best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Juan Pablo/ Lonnie Chevrie/Doug McKenzie Bill Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL