The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your Blindfold Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
No kyle, just the abilty to practice and educate ones self.

But many are blissfull in the path of ignorance they choose.

kyle, are you a happy fellow?

Jim

H.O.A-x
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
I am fine I just find you to be arrogant and rude to all but a small few. You like to stir up controversy. Because of what goes on here, I tend not to frequent this forum. I find that the mentalist sanctum is by far more personable and helpful. The point of this forum should be to help magicians not put them down and make yourself seem better than someone else, which of course you do at every chance you get. You should learn to get over yourself as your ego is very unbecomming. It is by far easier to be polite and kind to everyone and be helpful rather than rude. And to answer your question, yes I am a very happy fellow. I will pray for your happiness. God bless.
MM
Butler # 254
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Listen Kyle.

I am willing to talk to anyone, anytime on the phone, and am more than willing to pay for the call. (ask around)
Rudeness is not what is intended only truth.

I am very good at what I do and have paid for a good deal of my act with my life in time.

Just so ya know I am more than willing to pitch back stones thrown at me.
(But you know that and do not like it judging from your post)

But that makes me an American.
Were are you from that you are not willing to think well of yourself and stand up for yourself?

Are you French fellow?

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I am fine I just find you to be arrogant and rude to all but a small few. You like to stir up controversy.
--Ever talk to Jim? he isn't a bad guy, you just don't understand the pains of being really psychic?

You should learn to get over yourself as your ego is very unbecomming.
--But to whom sir? You still are missing the point? Controversy.... I love it.

I am willing to talk to any one any time on the phone and am more than willing to pay for the call. (ask around)
--Fair enough, I get free long distance so it costs me NOTHING! Beat you there Mr. Class/Callahan/I'm still confused about that.

Mr. Kuffs would also probably agree that it's true. Check out Mind Stunts.
--Is that blindfold Jim used still up for sale? Maybe with further examination some skeptic could see if Jim really has a 6th sense. Or maybe that would take disection?

In fact the last stunt I did is guaranteed to be real and I will gladly challenge any magician to duplicate my performance including Kuffs.
--If only I could walk on stilts.....

Jim -- why does this have to become a time for you to toot your own horn.
--THEY STILL DON'T GET IT! Controversy!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Jim "yeah right " was not meant to be a personal slam on you at all. I just see & hear too many mentalists that start believing their own hype. Do you firmly believe that if I select the blindfold & you & I are the only ones in the room you can sense what I have written, holding or have read..if so then we need to make arrangements to get together the next time I am in SC, because that would be real interesting to witness and if you do pass that test then I would tuely be you biggest fan.
Tom
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Tom:

Are you related to Randi? Smile

Tony
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
No Tony but I have far less hair on my head then he does & we have totally opposing theological views.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Welcome to the club Brother Tom!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I really didn't want to come across as judgemental on Jim because I really do not know him other than his postings here, I love performing mentalism and I even use a very subtle disclaimer so as not to diminsh the mystery. It is just that I have been doing a lot of research on past & present mentalists lately and I am amazed at the number that have really taken to believing their own hype and publicity. Hey we do some really cool and unique things why can it not just remain entertainment and art. Why do some have to create it into areligion and science.
Let me ask, if Tom Cruise finished filming MI3 and started to walk around telling everyone he was a secret agent would he be taken serious, why does this performance art have to be any differant. Kind of like Michael Jackson singing "Bad" just doesn't fit. Oh well I said my piece let it fly boys and feel free I am fairly thick skinned.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Kyle_freemason

Who are you sir, (or ma'am)? You are making comments, some are landing like stones.
We are all big people here (for the most part) and can take it, but we like to know who we are dealing with.

You are standing in the shadows.

All we know is your made up screen name, that you claim to be a police officer, and have a free mail address from usacops.com. (Several of my son's teenage friends have email addresses from this place as well, but they are playing dressup).)

Might I suggest, if you want anyone to take you as credable, that you be as open with who you are as those you cast stones at.

Tony
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Tom:

Get to know him.
PM him and have a private conversation.
You might find that you're taking him wrong.
The first step in beginning to understand someone is to talk with that person.

And if you feel that he fits the description of what you dislike, next time you can post with conviction. Smile

Tony
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
"Let me ask, if Tom Cruise finished filming MI3 & started to walk around telling everyone he was a secret agent would he be taken serious, why does this performance art have to be any differant."

-- exactly PERFORMANCE ART. It's all about crafting a theatrical reality in which people lose them selves in the beauty that you are presenting....

x
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

True.

But what of the artist. There are performers that are only mysterious when they are on stage, then there are those that are always on. As mystery entertainers, some choose the second, more difficult path.

Tony
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I think in the end, we all have the stigma (Just realized where the word stigmata came from) of being entertainers and performing strange and delightful events or moments in peoples lives. It is a choice and even when we aren't always on, we still are called to duty more often then not.

For me its that moment of excitement inside my audience. that's why I do it. Nothing is more fullfilling then 300 Plus college students all excited and wanting a piece of my time.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Tom,

I do not do a traditional Blindfold act.
This is a pretty good explanation of what I do here.
http://jimclass.com/blindquest_01.htm

I can see were the misunderstanding may have come from.
I make it very clear that I cannot read, discern colors etc.

Here is a link to the topic on the Café about this http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

I guess you could describe my blindfold act as a spatial memory demonstration.

Tony and Scott thanks guys.

Jim

H.O.A X
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Ok I apologize and stand corrected, that is what I get for thinking at 2 in the morning. Scott and Tony also thanks for giving me somethings to think about. Jim I did not get to view your footage yet but after reading the attached thread I now understand where you are coming from, sounds like you pulled off a great piece of publicity, congrats and maybe when I get back down to SC where might meet up for cup of coffee.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I am ready for any "challenge" by the way... Just send me the protocol (both parties must accept it) and then let's have some fun!

Be careful when you challenge someone Jim!

You wrote "Were are you from that you are not willing to think well of yourself and stand up for yourself? Are you French fellow?"

I know this was not aim to me, but I can't say nothing!

I am a FRENCH native and I am willing to stand-up and think well for myself, so be careful with you attack with your words... This is a kind of "racism" by the way...

You are more intelligent then that ;-)

Oh! And again.. I am ready for any challenge!!!

Humbly... Very humbly

Kuffs

P.S. Go figure why everyone is leaving the Café over the past fews years...
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Kuffs.

Can You vanish a broadsword, using the unpublished "whisper" vanish? That is a big challenge!!
Well then...
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
;-)

Take care

Kuffs
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I'm up for the challenge as well. If anyone would like to get ahold of me and post the exact standards I will video tape the whole thing.

I have a walk for charity this June 19th if EXACT methods for the challenge are outlined. I will use a dual and even quadruple layer of HEAVY DUTY allumnium foil to accomplish my walk for cancer. In fact, I will have it video taped as well.

I love challenges.

Peace out homies..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your Blindfold Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL