The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic in Thailand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I would of written this in the other forum made for this but they hardly get any clicks.

I am going to Phuket and eventually Bangkok in a week for 15 days..wondering if anyone has any hints and tips for anything to see or do? I'd love to see/meet a magician down there. Anyone ever been?

Thanks for any thoughts!!

Eric
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Call my friend Apiau, his cell number is +6618378708 or his home +6622494904.
he also sell many stuff. His brother Robin and other, I forgot his name, also good performer.

Cheers,
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Nice thank you so much...... What part is he from?
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Bangkok.

Or you try
http://www.siam-magic.com/
They have meetings every last Sunday of the month.
Bernard Sim
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Thank you soo much! I just wrote them an e mail... would be sooo interesting to attend a meeting!
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Look at the e mail I just got!

Thank you for your mail. My magic shop is in Bangkok now it is underconstruction and will be opened within this month.

We will have a magic meeting on Sun28, 2006 at 6th Floor of Tower Inn Hotel, Silom Road, Bangkok ( 14.00 - 17.00 PM.)

There are about 50 magicians and also dealer booth.

Yours,
Chalee P.

a dealer booth at a meeting!!!!?!??? this is perfect..thanks so much for the info gentlemen...I am leaving tommorow..... A bientot
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I am presently sitting in a little internet Café on the beach in KOH PHI PHI island.. its BEAUTIFUL out here... I CANT WAIT for the magic meting on the 28th. Thanks to the people who sent me pm's about hookups here..I have already met a few magicians and we're having a blast!!!!

uummmmm thought I'd brag for a sec.....missing my magiccafe!!!!! see you all soon
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Hey Eric- if you're still in the area. I'm currently in Pattaya- just a little ways from Bangkok. I'll be here till Sunday. Shows here are amazing. If your still in the area- wouldn't mind chatting with you.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Whats up Matt... I am currently in Bangkok off Kho Sian road.. I leave thursday to go back home. I'd love to meet with you (I am alone here)

Staying at the Wild Orchid restaurant and hotel. its gorgeous!!! Let me know, I check this thread everyday. I am going to the magic store on wedensday at 10am (Apparently its huge). Its at 470/3-5 Suksawad road....Radburana Bangkok...

I went to the magic meeting today, it was a really good experience, saw a lot of magic I never seen before and vice versa from what I can tell by their reactions to my magic. Thai people are the friendliest people ever. I bought some dvds for 15$ a piece!!! Everything is so cheap here, love it...

Regards

Mr. Ewic
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
AHH! I flew out Yesterday at Bankok airport. They had a store??? Heck in Pattaya all I found was a stand with all this old trinket type magic. Linking rings, cups and balls- but all authentic and hand made. Only 500 Baht!!! Can't beat the prices! Night life oh my gosh was amazing. I'm sure you went out too. I would've loved to have met with you. But now I'm on my way for a quick stop in Malaysia, Indonesia. There was just a massive earthquake here. So, my plans might get screwed up.

What are you doing in Asia? Just visiting? Touring too? Let me know:)

best always,
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Just visiting yeah... I met this girl a month ago and she asked me to join her, she was going to meet her friends in Phuket... So I went

Turns out, she was SO annoying and self centered I should of known better to go on a trip like this with someone I hardly know, so I left them 2 days in the trip....Back packing alone..

Visited the magic shop today, believe it or not its the biggest shop I have ever been in. They were doing renovations though, they had 3 floors!!! One main shop on the lower level, middle level was ALL illusions, amazing..Top was a magic class, with a stage and all, quite the experience. All of this in some small unknown part of town, some Tuk Tuk's even refused to being me there!!

Anyways I am coming home tommorow, sorry we couldn't link up, it would have been nice to see you again! Last time was at Magie Montreal in 98!!!! I have pics of it on my site, check it out! Talk to you soon friend

Eric
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Holy heck- that was a while ago! Still can't get over the fact that you remember Magie Montreal. It was a lot of fun though:) Hope your trip back is good. Longgg plane ride though! Is yours a direct flight? Take care,

your friend,
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4979 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If you go to Phuket watch this show: http://www.phuket-fantasea.com/
If you want to do great tailor made jackets try Kings in Patong: http://www.kingsfashion-phuket.com/ (very good prices)
Pattaya:
http://www.maxello.com/
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
!!! Naxello's is a great place! Got a tailored pants and jacket. What did it cost me??? A mere 150 bucks. I couldn't believe it. I highly recommend this place to other entertainers for cheap--> but good costumes/jackets/etc.

best,
Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Funny you gentlemen discuss this, I got 2 suits made!! Cost me 20 000 BAHT but delivered to my door, 3 pants, vests and jackets. One is bright purple with white pockets and trim. The guy looked at me like I was crazy at first! For 200$, 3 nice cashmere silk suits are a good investment. I got back this morning, what a trip!! I even got some pictures sent to me from the magic meeting, really good ones! Thanks for all the hinst and feedback everyone, I appreciate it

Eric
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Eric- 20 000 baht! You should've played the haggling game!!! Such a great place. Wouldn't mind seeing those pictures- if you could drop them in an e-mail!

glad you enjoyed the magic of Thailand!

have to talk to you more in depth about it some other time...

best,
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4979 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic in Thailand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL