The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review Request - Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch DVD by Doug McKenzie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5418 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I disagree with bugjack..lonnies version done live is stunning and there is almost no movement and I challenge anyone to see the change...its so *** visual...dougs version I can see some movement...a little more but I think that video doesn't lie but the eye lies....i bet you would not be able to see the switch in front of a real audience unlike in front of a camera...

lonnie is touring in the north east in september...if you are interested in seeing lonnie and his amazing magic let me know,....we are currently looking for more dates although we have I think around 10 booked up here at this point
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 06:33, p.aulo.r wrote:
Does this work well with Euro Bills?

I want to know as well.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
It should work perfectly with euro bills. I have tried it with cut up newspaper (dont ask) and it works fine from newsprint to paper noney.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
It does work witrh bills of different sizes. I demo a version in the DVD with a check to a $100 dollar bill (both of which are different sizes). I also came up with this handling while in Japan and was using it as a foreign exchange trick. Yen and US Dollars are completely different sizes. I was using a $100 and a 10,000 Yen bill.

D
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of giochi
Nice work doug
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Yes I can say that doug did really a great job on this effect from Juan, and what a great idea to add the "T..." to it making it so clean. I wanted also to add my compliments to Mister Chevrie for is working on the juan pablo switch.
thanks both of you
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Just curious how difficult this is as compared to the other bill switches.

Best,

Al
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Its definitely not self working, but with enough practice it isn't difficult. If you are proficient with a TT already and are familiar with a few other bill switches, then this one is easily within reach.

D
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Thanks Doug, I know the Infinity Switch, Visibill and the hundred dollar bill switch so far, so it sounds like I'll be able to handle this one.

Best,

Al
AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
So, just to clarify, a US bill is not required in order to perform this effect? ie, I could perform it with my NZ currency?
MrMystery2008
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MrMystery2008
Doug,
I was going to order this straight away, as I can see this would be good for my walk-around loud party gigs.
But I need to find out if it would work with plastic money, more specifically, Australian dollars in my case?

Thanks.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 10:53, Kozmo wrote:
I disagree with bugjack..lonnies version done live is stunning and there is almost no movement and I challenge anyone to see the change...its so *** visual...dougs version I can see some movement...a little more but I think that video doesn't lie but the eye lies....i bet you would not be able to see the switch in front of a real audience unlike in front of a camera...

lonnie is touring in the north east in september...if you are interested in seeing lonnie and his amazing magic let me know,....we are currently looking for more dates although we have I think around 10 booked up here at this point

I could be mistaken but I think bugjack was talking about Doug's handling, not Lonnie's. If that is the case I have to agree. And from a spectator's standpoint, the first solution is the only solution. Once there is that moment of relaxation in the assumption of "I have this figured out," under circumstances like these, there are rare times when anything you do after that really matters.
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
This switch is great. I use it for other routines such as Fraud etc.
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review Request - Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch DVD by Doug McKenzie (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL