The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Keith Barry on Ellen Degeneres (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Just caught Keith Barry on the afternoon Ellen Degernes show, promoting his upcoming CBS TV show. He did three bits:

The first was the 'think of something to draw, write it down, and I'll draw it as you do' bit.

Second was to scramble four wooden bases, one with a sharp steel spike, all hidden under paper cones. He was blindfolded, and he and Ellen both scrambled them so neither knew where the spike was. Then he held her hand over them one at a time, made her choose whether it was safe, and pushed her hand down. Of course, she was safe, but she was actually sweating by the time he was done.

Finally, he did a book test using two of her books. He flipped the pages of one and had her say 'stop' to choose the page number, then had her find the same page number in the other book and told her what was written there.

All good, standard stuff, and well-presented for being in the rushed environment of an afternoon talk show. Ellen and the audience really bit on the steel spike bit! I think he did a pretty good job.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I know people are going to attack him here, but Keith is a really nice guy and works at what he does. He spends most of his hours work on bits, practicing new routines and juggling a very busy schedule.
On top of all that he's a really nice guy and has a great core group around him. We should all be so lucky to have the great manager that he has.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Of all the days to be sick at home and flipping channels, I managed to catch the smash and stab routine, looked great!

Didn't catch the last book test you mentioned he did, but I recently started performing that same book test (though I offer to use the Harry Potter book series) when I perform it. Always gets a great reaction and is impromptu!

Derek Merdinyan
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
I think he's a very talented fella, he's inccredibly nice & genuine.

Cheers,

Erick Castle
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
I find it refreshing. It's kind of bringing magicians back to doing magic rather than stunts. I thought it was a very good special.
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
I enjoyed his special alot. I wish I had caught that Ellen episode. Wife used to tivo them but stopped Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Keith Barry on Ellen Degeneres (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL