The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Vanishing Air Conditioner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Try a metal recycling company. I'm sure they get a lot of old window units for recycling, and you can probably find something there.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
sepaternoster
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of sepaternoster
Well, how did it go? Is there a place we can see pictures?
Seth E. Paternoster
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Thanks for asking!

It went really well.. It was a media launch and they were expecting a lot of cameras and reporters, only 1 camera showed up. So they were a litle dissapointed with that, regardless I went on and everyone loved it. I am trying to get a hold of the footage of the actual news show, but its not as easy as I thought. I have personal pictures and rehearsal video of the prop, but I am not too sure how to put them online. I can email them if you want....

Now I am stuck with this beautiful vanishing A.C. that I will never use again, what do I do with it?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
It's difficult to get any sort of raw footage from news outlets, and it's extremely expensive when you can.

Put it on eBay. Someone will buy ANYTHING on eBay. Funny how window A/C units don't hold the same fascination for news reporters that they did back in the '30s...

;)

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I got some pics... just send me a message and I'll e mail them to anyone who wants to see them... It worked beautifully
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Why not use it again? As far as I know, if you did, you'd be the only magician making an air conditioner vanish in their show! Smile
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Yeah but.... air conditioner vanish?? Whats the motive?? I guess I could do a lot of tricks really quickly in a comical manner. And turn on the AC cause I am sweating.. but I dunno... would it fly?

ooohhhh I just thought of something cool for a competition act. Imagine you make a bunch of ribbons appear out of thin air. (thats the re-occuring trick during the act) And one by one you stick them on top of the fan of the AC and they are seen blowing in the wind of the machine. Then after the act, you make it vanish when its filled with ribbons.. not bad!?

I sent a pic of it to Marvello, should be posted sometime soon...
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Here is the pic:

(I shrunk it down a bit to fit on a web page and so it will load more quickly)
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Nice!!! Its too bad we cant see the electrical cord dangling, it really adds to it. Thanks for posting it Marvello!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
You are welcome - I didn't trim any of the picture you sent - I just made it smaller. If you have another picture with the cord dangling you can send it to me again, or post it yourself at http://imageshack.us
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I wonder if I hadn't said the "Rost" was from "Aerostar" how many people would of caught on?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-06-08 11:25, Eric Leclerc wrote:
Thanks for asking!

It went really well.. It was a media launch and they were expecting a lot of cameras and reporters, only 1 camera showed up. So they were a litle dissapointed with that, regardless I went on and everyone loved it.

Now I am stuck with this beautiful vanishing A.C. that I will never use again, what do I do with it?

Eric,

I camera showed up??? that's about right. Many of my clients put out press releases and hope lots will show up and 1 usually does...LOL.

Keep that air conditioner! If you toss it you're sure to hear from another Home Depot and they'll want the same thing done. I bet your local hydro company has some sort to " get rid of your old high energy appliance" program that they want promoted. I heard from mine and they wanted a refriderator vanished. The next time you see a poster, flyer ..whatever on saving power..get a name or contact info from it and put your sales hat on.

By the way.. NICE WORK!

Best,

Tim
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Thanks alot!! I got a lot of help from the people on the Café..

As for the company that did the media launch, I felt a little bad for them that only 1 camera showed up..... I guess this frequently happens?
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Looks good from what I can see I cant pull it in closed, but from the view it looks like you may need to switch the paint. Welll let me just hold off until I see it closer. As I said Great job for 1st one!
Son of a Beat
View Profile
New user
Montréal, Canada
82 Posts

Profile of Son of a Beat
I was thinking about your ribbons thing. May want to use your air conditioning for a Snowstorm in China. I did a Hot & Cold theme like that few years ago and the reaction was great.

SOAB
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Good idea!

I see 2 problems... I would have to have a working fan..which would make it a little bulky to fit in the "base"

and the other problem... snowstorm in china... its messy and everyone does it...you know??

BUT if I would decide to EVER do it.. I would defenitaly use this thing...great thinking....merci
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Vanishing Air Conditioner (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL