The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PHONEOMENON (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
It works anywhere
Who is Tattoo Joe?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks Joe. You are our hero Smile
Yours,

Ivan
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Im sure you could use some sort of Bluetooth technology to call someone in close proximity with your own phone.

I don't think it would sell for only $30 if this were the case
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
Quote:
On 2006-05-12 13:48, discjockey wrote:
Im sure you could use some sort of Bluetooth technology to call someone in close proximity with your own phone.

I don't think it would sell for only $30 if this were the case

That's why I'm assuming for the price you must NEED an assistant
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
JPV, I hope you'll write a review soon Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I received my other items from Hank Lee's last night but there was a little note stating that the DVD/package would ship in 5 days. I assume 5 days from when they sent out my other stuff and not when I received it. As soon as it comes I'll post the review......JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
templetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania, USA
105 Posts

Profile of templetrickster
I hope this is one of those dvd's I keep and and don't sell on ebay. I want this to be an actual effect that is clever, and usable in all conditions. And I hope it hurries up and gets here!!
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
I'm also interested in this effect! Just hope it is as good as it sounds?
Michael
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just saw a post at Ellusionist that this product has been delayed a little bit. They're expecting to receive it right around June 1.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
The day I ordered from Hank Lee, I did notice the same thing on Ellusionist BUT I was ordering other items not available. There whould have been something posted if it was on b/o or delayed on shipping. I know Penguin Magic was posting it would ship in a few days or something like that. Oh well, anticipation has to be my friend for the next few days..... JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
This looks to be nothing more than basic bluejacking? Check it out and have fun Smile

http://www.bluejackq.com/
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Blue-jacking is not a 100% way to send a msg to ANY mobile. many people have low-cost mobiles that don't have bluetooth.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Blue jacking would require knowing if the spectator has a bluetooth phone or not. I guess if it doesn't work, you can go to another ending. But I would like if it was a different way than bluejacking
-Matt
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Same here!
Yours,

Ivan
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Marco Temptest is claiming this is HIS trick and that Paul Harris/Doug McKenzie doesn't have rights to release it. As far as I know this is the reason for the delay, they are trying to work out some kind of deal. Here is a link with more information on this issue:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=62

Quote:
On 2006-05-11 11:52, Marco Tempest wrote:
Thank you all for your input and opinions.

The author of the DVD (Doug McKenzie) is a former paid consultant to my company. He was instrumental in the creation of this effect. Nevertheless, he was not authorized to release this routine to another performer or to the public.

We are currently mediating with Mr. McKenzie through a third party to hopefully solve this most uncomfortable situation.

In the meantime we at Newmagic Communications, Inc. want you to be aware that at present time the Phoneomenon DVD is not in any way authorized or endorsed by us.

Marco Tempest
CEO
Newmagic Communications, Inc.

With that thought in mind, this may not ever get released, time will tell.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Is this supposed to work 100% with any phone? If you utilize the previous methods described (service), along with bluejacking, I guess its possible. Regardless of whether the effect is released, there are clearly many ways to accomplish this already.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Um, an incoming bluetooth message does not look like a phone call. Additionally, by default most phones are set up to ask permission before accepting a BT message (which would make it further different from a phone call). I don't know how this trick actually works, but ya'll are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to Bluetooth.
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
Quote:
On 2006-05-17 20:22, Gordon wrote:
Um, an incoming bluetooth message does not look like a phone call. Additionally, by default most phones are set up to ask permission before accepting a BT message (which would make it further different from a phone call). I don't know how this trick actually works, but ya'll are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to Bluetooth.

Maybe that's just your phone...I checked the website for bluejacking and this is very possible for many phones.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I think you guys should stop trying to figure it out and discuss or speculate on potential methods.

Best wishes

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
That's right!
Stop trying to figure it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PHONEOMENON (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL