The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Steve Bedwell's Rope Trick performed on "MD not required" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Ive had the video for a while and always liked the rope trick but didn't know how to fit it in the routines ive already been performing, but now figured out where I can put it. I just don't know what the sleight is called or what the method is. It wasnt explained on his dvd, which figures the one thing I want isn't on there,and don't know where to find it. I don't want to by a bunch of rope videos to try and find it because I have enough already. So my question is where can I find out where to buy it or what is it called?
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
For those who havent seen his video its where he takes a long rope and a pair of scissors and cuts the rope in the middle and you see it in two pieces then lets go of the rope and it visually restores itself. I thought maybe it was like the old pavel ropes but its to clean to be it plus he pulls on the rope from both ends to prove its together. Anyone? Any ideas?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5269 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Actually that trick is fairly old. I have it in an old "Boys book of Magic" (1924) and it can be found in Danny Korem's "Korem Without Limits". You will slap your head when you discover just how easy it is to perform. No Pavel snaps or magnets, it is a much older concept and methodology.

It is simmilar (but way easier) than Bill Neff's "Miracle Rope" (still sold by Abbott's.

A very, very simmilar (but not identical) version which is technically easy to do can be had from Dick Barry. It's called "Renaissance Rope".

All of the above use variations of the same methodology.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Aguas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Aguas
Do you really get to see two pieces of rope ? ( I mean one in each hand for example ? ) or is it just a version of a cut&restored rope ?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5269 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
In Danny Korem/Steve Bidwell version a length of rope is openly cut in the center. there is no bringing up a loop of rope to make the cut. It appears that the rope is folded in half and cut. All four ends are seen. the two ropes are held in one hand. The rope is then tossed to the audience and seems to restore in mid-air.

In His version, spectators can hold the ends of the rope before it is cut in the middle.

In Bill Neff and Dick Barry's version the two ropes are held one in each hand at a distance apart. Dick Barry's version starts with two lengths of rope that are tied together, then the knot pops off showing a single length of rope. In Bill Neff's version a length of rope is cut, the two lengths are held one in each hand a distance apart, then the two cut ends are swung towards each other and seem to meld into one restored rope.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I did the Neff rope trick at Abbott's one year and right after they sold out of them! It's a loooooooooong forgotten great trick.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-05-12 21:19, Harry Murphy wrote:
Actually that trick is fairly old. I have it in an old "Boys book of Magic" (1924) and it can be found in Danny Korem's "Korem Without Limits". You will slap your head when you discover just how easy it is to perform. No Pavel snaps or magnets, it is a much older concept and methodology.

It is simmilar (but way easier) than Bill Neff's "Miracle Rope" (still sold by Abbott's.

A very, very simmilar (but not identical) version which is technically easy to do can be had from Dick Barry. It's called "Renaissance Rope".

All of the above use variations of the same methodology.

Thanks for the info, Harry.

I have both the Steve Bedwell tape and the Danny Korem book. I should be able to figure out that grat effect now.

Mike

P.S. To all other Café members: This is a shi*t trick and not worth your time or effort. Move along. Just move along. (grin)
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13334 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I guess I must re-watch.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Aguas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Aguas
Thanks for the info Harry.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Thanx for the information Harry. I will definately check those out , you saved me a lot of time and money. I appreciate it.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2599 Posts

Profile of John Long
You can find Neff's Miracle Rope trick in the new Ency of Rope Tricks(p132)

A similar effect to the method mentioned by Harry is UF Grant's Stage Rope Restoration(p156 of Ency of Rope Tricks):
"Rope is tossed to audience for examination. The perfromer takes it back, loops the center up thrrough his left fist, an assistant cuts it, on half of the rope is held in each hand, the ends are place together, the rope shown restored, and again tossed to the audience for examination"

The method does allow you to show the 2 lengths after it is cut, but I don't think it could be done as a close-up effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Steve Bedwell's Rope Trick performed on "MD not required" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL