The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tricks that end with a deck vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
I think James Brown has a pretty neat deck vanish on his "Still Fancy A Pot Of Jam" DVD (besides some great other material).

I really like his style and his bold use of misdirection.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
James Brown's Misdirection Deck to pocket is awesome!
David Williamson has a version called 51 cards to pocket which again, is awesome! Also, my friend John Carey has one of the BEST routines that incorporates a deck vanish in it, I hope that his routine will soon see print, maybe if I speak to him nicely... or if you see him at a convention, ask him to show you!
Matthew Dowden also has a routine with a deck vanish on his soon to be released 'Party Animal' DVD
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
A deck vanish is a different effect from a deck to pocket, though. One's a teleportation, the other is a straight disappearance.

Derren Brown includes a deck vanish in two routines in 'Pure Effect'.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Yes, there's one excellent routine by Alex Elmsley - Half-packed Vanish (Collected Works of Alex Elsmley II), I use this sometimes in my act depend on the number of spectators in front of me. Smile

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
David Stone's Real Secrets Vol 1 contains what he calls Ghost, in which a random selection is placed back somewhere in the middle of the deck. Let's say KS. Magi shows top card. Wrong, says spec. Top card is placed on table and spec is asked to turn it over. It's the KS. Climax No. 1. Magi takes it, slips it back into the deck, and then vaVOOM -- with a finger snap or gentle smackdown of L hand onto R, the whole deck is gone save for four remaining cards: the KS, plus the three other Ks, which are left face up on table. It's an eye popper.
To try is to risk failure; not to try, to guarantee it.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Check out Justin Hanes' Fast-Foward Aces from his Mystery Engineering Manuscript.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Ghost seconded over here, very nice trick. Also, Derren Brown has some work on the deck vanish in Devil's Picturebook.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Yep Derren's DP work in Zamiel's rose (my personal favourite effect) however requires, sleeving, lapping with a jacket or topiting
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
One of my favorites is Simon Lovell's "The Packed Wallet".
Card-to-wallet with a deck-to-wallet kicker.
Very easy. Great misdirection. Great presentation. Standup or closeup.
When Simon did the effect for me I actually "saw" the deck vanish before my eyes.

The effect was so strong that I had wallets made and have done the routine ever since.

For those interested, you can find the wallets on my website.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Check out "Expert Cards to Pocket" in Power Plays.

Mike
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I have a sort of deck vanish on my DVD and in the Simon Lovell book. He calls it Ace-O-Rama and on the DVD's it is called "The Flying Hamster"...

The Deck doesn't vanish per se but the faces do!!!!

If your interested PM me and I can tell you how to get the DVD's..

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tricks that end with a deck vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL