The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mr. Bernstein Where are you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Does anyone have contact info to order Bruce Bernstein books or lecture notes? He performed a routine called "Eating at Joe's" at Mindvention and I am looking to purchase it.

Any ideas?

TIA, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
dlaub
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of dlaub
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
You might try this email address although the link above has a email contact also. I got this address from Bruce last summer at a lecture.

BBXX1@aol.com

-Brian
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
59 Posts

Profile of raether
I just want to Bruce's lecture 2 weeks ago. You can contact him at BruceMBernstein@aol.com. I believe he takes PayPal.

His manuscript called "Three" contains Remote Driving, Eat at Joe's, and The Force of Psychology. The cover art has a Chinese/Japanese character "3". Apparently, one of Bruce's other talents is Japanese Calligraphy.
Helmut Raether
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Thank you one and all...

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Eat at Joe's is one of Bruce's favorite routines. He gives a great lecture and his books contain some powerful magic/mentalism that is not only easy to do but very entertaining. He is busy gearing up for a national tour but usually responds to emails very quickly. As Raether posted, he is a very talented fellow. He is also an accomplished pianist and musician/composer.
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Well, so far I have gotten no response with two E-mails... If anyone has info of Bruce's tour I would appreciate it...?

Thanks, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
Bruce recently changed his email address. I believe that you will have better luck with brucembernstein@sbcglobal.net.
Adam Green
New York, NY
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Excellent... I will try that address and let you know.

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I just saw him at a lecture in PA recently.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6431 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Bruce makes effects and routines that are outstanding to watch yet end up working on very easy principles. He is a great thinker.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20554 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My personal favorite of Bruces routines is his Psych out poker deal. Greg it is EXACTLY what you just said.

In my opinion Bruce is the epitemy of "work smarter, not harder".

I worked with Bruce for a few years at Magic Inc. Any chance you get to pick his brain about magic, mental magic or performing in general, is time well spent.

He happens to be a great person as well. A rare combination in this world, especially in entertainment.

Mind you this is only my very biased opinion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I also really liked Psych Out. I didn't give it much thought until I read the effect in Dear Mr. Fantasty that's similar. Upon reading the Bannon routine, I dug out my Psych Out notes. I also have his "Going South" lecture notes, and an old Magic Inc. book he put out. Very good stuff. I've seen him lecture twice already, and he seems to be a great mentalist. His decks, while expensive, are very cool. Haven't heard of "Eating at Joe's" yet.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
You must all stay clear of his work - I've been collecting it for a while and its all gold - no one else must know!!! SHHHH...

OK OK - I highly recommend Perception is Everything and his Lecture Notes Compendium - for starters.... you can't go wrong - its all gold... my precioussss
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Bruce is a class act! I have travel many miles and paid full price for a convention only to see Bruce and leave.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20554 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To make you guys jealous even more, I worked with him for a LONG time, picked his brain every day!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3364 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I consider Mr Bernstein to be the greatest unsung hero in mentalism today. He simply hasn't had the praise due to him. Psych-Out is close to the final word in poker deals and A Sporting Prediction is simply sublime. In fact I don't think he has ever printed any weak material.
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
I agree with dr. Spektor... Let's be silent about this one... after all, perception IS everything !
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Martin, you are right about your unsung hero quote. I too agree about him not having the praise he should be deserving along side his fellow peers.

Snidini
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I've just bought a couple of Bruce Berstain's books direct from him, and are enjoying them very much.
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mr. Bernstein Where are you? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL