The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Lasso Rope Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fcchief
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of fcchief
Does anyone know where this can be purchased, Hank Lee use to carry it but I don't see it listed anymore. Any help would be appreciated.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2600 Posts

Profile of John Long
Can you describe the effect?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2600 Posts

Profile of John Long
I may not be checking back here, so I'll point in a direction that may be the desired effect.

If the effect is that of the rope lassoing a choosen card(rope appears to have impaled the card) after diping the rope into a hat, This effect if part of a marketed trick called Miracle rope, I think by Empire.

What I imagine is the same method is described in the new Enc. of Rope Tricks: Ring-a-Ding-Ding, who comes up with these names?, by Johnstone

John
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21793 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, John is correct, Laftus Novelty Co. AKA Empire just released a fantastic version of this classic. You can purchase 'Miracle Rope' at http://www.stoners.com it sells for $6.95 plus shipping. It is not on the site as I type this but will be soon, you can call them toll free and order or email them your request.

The quality on this is superior, better then the original that is no longer available and cost more money.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Another option is to contact Pavel and him make one for you; he can easily make this for you, and give you a choice of rope color too. I've had him make a couple things for me, and he's surprisingly reasonable. If you want the best quality, there is nobody on the planet who makes better gimmicked rope than Pavel.

Here is his website: http://www.pavelmagic.com

Ron
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
You might want to check out Gaetan Bloom's version that does not require a gimmicked rope and allows for the card to be signed. It is in one of his Tales from the Planet Bloom videos and was also printed in Genii a couple of years back.(If not Genii it was Magic...he was on the cover)

If you decide to go with the gimmicked version there are some nice touches on the trick in The Magic of Paul Potassy.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Lasso Rope Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL