The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » In A Perfect World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
What would it be like if grand illusions couple pack flat and/or small? I mean literally pack 4-6 grand illusions into a 4X1 trunk 12 inches deep.

:devilish:
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
It would mean that someone purchased the entire set of Jim Gerrish's PVC Pipe Illusion books ( 1 to 3) and built illusions that could use interchangable PVC pipes, so as soon as one illusion was finished and taken apart, another one could be formed from the pieces ready for performance.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I am not talking about an All-In-One, PVC pipe thing. I mean quality props; each its own. And made from fine wood and other materials.
:devilish:
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
There is a large number of illusions that can be built to do just that! I'd imagine with current gas prices, this wouldn't be too bad of an idea... It seems the car owners are snubbing their noses and laughing at those who have to haul trailers to transport their shows...

Bryan
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
What type(s) of illusions would you like to see be made to fit the above criteria. I do not mean specific illusions. I mean plots. Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
What exactly do you mean by plots?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2006-05-15 02:43, Bryan Gilles wrote:
There is a large number of illusions that can be built to do just that! I'd imagine with current gas prices, this wouldn't be too bad of an idea... It seems the car owners are snubbing their noses and laughing at those who have to haul trailers to transport their shows...

Bryan

Hey, I was doing this long before gas prices started going up Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Plots: Sawing in half, levitation, vanishes, appearances, etc. I mean what type of these would you like to see made to pack flat and/or small. FYI, yes, this is "market research". I have several already that I use, but what is good for me may not be good for others. That is why I am asking. Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Can you make "Portal" to pack flat?

Just kidding... I don't want to open Pandora's box on that one....Smile

With all joking aside, I was brought up with an appreciation in grande scale illusion. Luckily, my father instilled the "pack flat" approach to everything in his show... thus passing this task down to me in my show... Though many of the illusions I dream of owning some day don't pack flat (such as Modern Art), I've been able to keep this mind-set when designing and building my own illusions... Like you mentioned, (what is good for you, may not be good for others). It would be hard to find a generalised answer... There are so many different styles and needs in the world of illusions... Good luck finding your answers...

Bryan

-Bryan
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
It would be ... ee ... MIRACLE Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » In A Perfect World (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL