The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Deceptive Asrah Couch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
Hello. There are a couple of different plans out there to build a couch for the asrah. Which plans are the most deceptive? Does anyone have experience building their own? Thanks for the help.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Is there a balcony, will people view it from the bottom or straight on. How deep is the stage?
Without this knowledge there is no answer.
POOF!
sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
It would be performed in many different theaters on many different stages. The stages would be deep. Is there a couch that would be universal for all of these situations?
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
The classic couch has been pretty deceptive for many years. However, an update in style would help quite a bit. (In other words, the dimesions are probably fine with the classic plan, but you may want to update the french legs and such)

A couple of other ideas are in Osborne's self-contained asrah, he uses a very thin table, but the assistant moves through a trap in the backdrop. With this idea, the couch doesn't matter. Also, Gen. Grant (I think) had an idea for using a Black Art table as the couch. The assistant just rolls behind it.

Just some ideas . . .

Thanks,
Richard
fredpaulbailey
View Profile
New user
Fred
51 Posts

Profile of fredpaulbailey
I think a "beveled" table would be the best for you.
sethman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of sethman
Thanks for the help. Are there any plans or in on beveled tables that I would be able to check out as an option? Thanks for the help. I also like the idea about moving through the backdrop.
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of ceme20
I want to build a mini Asrah. I know there are some out there, but I want to build a high quality, one of a kind. Anyone know if there are plans out there I can buy for a scaled down Asrah?
Thanks
Michael
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Deceptive Asrah Couch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL