The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » "The Illusionist" update... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
The feature film "The Illusionist" is scheduled to open, in D.C. at least, on August 25, 2006, according to early news reports. This film is a romantic thriller set in 1900 in Vienna, and the movie is written and directed by Neil Burger. The film starts Edward Norton, who grew up in Columbia, Md., as a stage magician who battles a prince played by Rufus Sewell and a police inspector played by Paul Giamatti. The magician and the prince are attracted to a duchess played by Jessica Biel. Larger battles ensue, and the story builds from there. Should be interesting, and fun.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
It's based on Steven Millhausershort's story "Eisenheim the Illusionist". Haven't seen the director/screenwriter's only other film, The Assistant, but I've been told this one is pretty good and Giamatti, as always, steals the show.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Yes, I just read the article in my local newspaper about it.
I always enjoyed Edward Norton's acting.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
An early review from Variety.....

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=......amp;cs=1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » "The Illusionist" update... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL