The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help - best coin in bottle glass bottle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Where can I buy the best coin in bottle glass bottle if you can, my friend challenged me that it cant be done so I wanna get this effect.
philmitchell
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of philmitchell
You can't it's no longer available to you.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Just get the Johnson brand folding quarter and or half. From there you can find your own bottle.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Or you can get The Abyss Ultimate Coin in Bottle, by The Enchantment. The magician visually push a borrowed coin through an ordinary bottle. The spec gets to keep the bottle and the coin inside the bottle.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1965 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Get the laser cut half dollar or quarter. You can't see the seam when the coin is inside a bottle.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2006-05-15 18:26, MyTurnPlzAA wrote:
Where can I buy the best coin in bottle glass bottle if you can, my friend challenged me that it cant be done so I wanna get this effect

Are you asking about the coin or the bottle??? I read it as you were looking for the best glass bottle for the effect coin in bottle. In that case I personally use Perrier glass drinking water bottles, but there are tons of bottles out there that you can experiment with. I use these bottles because they are easily obtainable in the restaurants I've performed in.

If you are asking about the best coin, there are plenty of people here on the Café with opinions on that.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6927 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2006-05-15 19:11, evolve629 wrote:
Or you can get The Abyss Ultimate Coin in Bottle, by The Enchantment. The magician visually push a borrowed coin through an ordinary bottle. The spec gets to keep the bottle and the coin inside the bottle.

I just received that in the mail today, Evolve...absolutely the best Coin In Bottle I've EVER seen. So easy, yet an ingenious method! Thank you for bringing that up!

PS: Those of you who do Coin In Bottle (hypnotizing STARE)...you will FORGET any mention of Abyss...you are NOT interested...just continue using the Johnson version...when I snap my fingers, you never saw this post! (-SNAP!-)

(Walking away, cackling...rubbing hands together...muttering to self, "MINE...ha ha haaa haaaa...ALL MINE!!!)

:)

Doug
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10791 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Contact jeff pierce , here on the Café// he has an dvd soom tp be released shortly that is the very best. althouh it does not invole acoin it is a bottle cap but acoin can be used
In this effect the bottle can be borrowed and handed out for inspection for me this is a in your face effect
and totally impromptu....
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
MyTurnPlzAA

Buy the book, THE MAGIC OF Michael Ammar, a fantastic routine and method for coin in bottle can be found there, as well as a lot of other beautiful performance pieces.

Tony
magicman6(sic)6
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of magicman6(sic)6
E is coming out with a coin in bottle dvd soon its supposed to be the best but I dunno yet. I think its with justin miller but I might be wrong.

-Frank
Facebook.com/tripartistent
Soundcloud.com/iammagik
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
John Carney also has quite a routine in Carneycopia. He (produces and) uses a perrier bottle.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6927 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi again!

I hope I don't get "hammered" for this but...

I just got "Soft Spot". The "Cap In Gatorade Bottle". It got pretty negative reviews by a couple of people (that I saw), but I LOVE this!

Simple, straight-forward...AND (as in Abyss) you give out the bottle in its "impossible" condition, as a souvenier!

The thing I like about this is, it is almost EXACTLY the same as Abyss, with a few exceptions. What I found a delight, was...the "extras" in Abyss can be used with Soft Spot...AND...a "move" that's done in Soft Spot can be used in Abyss!

That makes (in my collection currently):

1. Sinful
2. Abyss
3. Soft Spot
4. V.I.P. By Mike Powers (on order)
5. Prohibition [Cap Trap] (also on order)

I think that makes ALL possible combinations feasible. Man, just doing Abyss yesterday for a co-worker showed me the incredible potential for such an effect!

The young lady took the bottle (AguaFina) home last night, and her MOTHER said, "That's IMPOSSIBLE!" Then she told her daughter she was, "Keeping it as a curio..." It now sits on her dresser in her bedroom.

Heck, one does not even NEED a glass bottle! Smile

Doug
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
We have a coin in bottle we are putting out too. Charlie is working on an ebook as well with his version that is hot and works right up there with Prohibition in terms of being clean. Make no mistake about it. The routine is fantastic. If you want to keep up on it and when it will be out, make sure you join our email list at http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com. I'll be letting everyone know what is happening with it and also when Prohibition will be in.

JC
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
The abyss, kevin parker's passing thru, folding coin.
those are what I use. great stuff

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6927 Posts

Profile of Dougini
UPDATE:

V.I.P. by Mike Powers just arrived today.

It's not a COIN in glass bottle, but...man...that cap (not bent...it's straight!) in that glass bottle...WOO...I tried it right away on a friend. I think he's going to QUIT DRINKING! Ha haaaa!

Well..4 of 5 have arrived. What's great, is, they are ALL winners! Each has it's "way" of working, but they ALL have "ways" that can be SHARED between them.

Can't wait to see Prohibition (even though I already know the method)! This will CAP (nice pun, eh?) my collection of Cap/Coin In Bottle Magic!

Best,

Doug
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8841 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There is 1 that interest me, where you see the coin seemingly go slowly right through the bottom of the bottle..."Passing Thru" by Kevin Parker. Wondering how "Aybss" measures up or vice versa. Also Charlie's "Prohibition" seems like a real winner in this genre too. Doug, since you're all over the place with this stuff...what's best? What can be powerfully done in the least amount of time? Smile I can't buy them all, but what's the best effect for the value, that gives you the most ease and BAM! Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6927 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow, MB..."...what's the best effect for the value..." That's a hard question. If, say, I HAD to spend just $30 or under?

1. V.I.P. by Mike Powers (Metal Cap in Glass Bottle)
2. Abyss (Quarter In Plastic Coke Bottle)

I'd go with both of those first, since they share almost the same method...then...

Later, if you still want more...Soft Spot uses a GATORADE Bottle. By itself, it's O.K...but if you add the gimmicks from Abyss...that makes the set complete. You don't need Soft Spot if you don't think you'll ever use Gatorade (or Snapple w/ plastic cap, like Gatorade's cap or Welch's Grape Juice/w white plastic cap). I just like having that option.

I've become obsessed with this "Cap/Coin In Bottle" thing, for some reason. Hey, I'm not complaining...I've had PHENOMENAL results, reaction-wise...it's just an area of magic I've never dealt with before (at least since the Johnson Folding Coin, LOL).

I hope this helps...you have to decide if you want the "variety" of methods readily available by purchasing the above effects (they're NOT that expensive).

Now, mind you, I've not received the Prohibition (Cap Trap) DVD yet, so I cannot comment on that.

Doug
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8841 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Doug, Smile Might try one. Passing Thru looks like the coin just melts through the bottle as it's sorta deliberately done. The vids of Abyss that I've seen seem to hit the bottom of the bottle with the coin for penetration. Is that about the size of it? Anyway, thanks for the rundown here, as I'm not really big on this sort of magic, but this did catch my eye as it seems pretty believable and doable. Thanks again. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10791 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Of course I have not seen them all but in all my years doing coin or anything to bottle / glass
Charlie Justice's effect is hard to beat....... I even perform this with a normal drinking glass .I can use almost any borrowed item and then give it away as a present...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There is a routine out there where you take a whole bunch of borrowed stuff including buttons and coins and get them into a bottle.

And another routine where you simply show a bottle, cap it and then pass a coin into the bottle. And have to break the bottle to get the coin out. Smile Oh yes, it can be a borrowed signed coin.

And still another where you pass a coin into a bottle then to get it out, you turn the bottle inside out leaving an inside out bottle.

Just off the top.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help - best coin in bottle glass bottle? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL