The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin wand inquiry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I'm thinking of adding a coin wand to a Miser's Dream routine, and have been looking at the Boss Coin Wand from Encore Magic, click HERE to view. It seems to be a pretty well-made prop for the money, and I'm not in a position to spring for a Porper or Owen model at this time.

If anyone owns and uses this wand, could you please comment upon your experience with it -- durability, reliability, ease of use, etc. Thanks. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Well, I guess there aren't that many Boss Coin Wands out there!

So I'm going to broaden the question to include other coin wands (Tony Clark, ChazPro, Colin Rose, RNTII, etc.) I'm including the Spooner Wand as well, which is also a coin wand but operates on a different principle, look HERE. BTW, I did look at the Porper Wand, but it produces a silver dollar and I only need a half dollar.

Thanks in advance for any info and opinions. SETH
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I have a coin wand that produces halves made by Johnson. It's at least 25 years old and works perfectly. Note that there is some noise in all coin wands as the coin is produced so be aware of that and make the necessary adjustments to cover it. The Johnson wand looks very similar to the Owen.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Quote:
On 2006-05-19 08:01, sethb wrote:
Well, I guess there aren't that many Boss Coin Wands out there!

So I'm going to broaden the question to include other coin wands (Tony Clark, ChazPro, Colin Rose, RNTII, etc.) I'm including the Spooner Wand as well, which is also a coin wand but operates on a different principle, look HERE. BTW, I did look at the Porper Wand, but it produces a silver dollar and I only need a half dollar.

Thanks in advance for any info and opinions. SETH

Seth - You should feel free to contact Bill Spooner directly about your wand questions. He is an authority on magicians wands and has a large collection of them. He can provide you information on the different types of coin wands available today in addition to the one he sells. Tell him I told you to talk to him.

Bill
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, guys, for the info and the leads. SETH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin wand inquiry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL