The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » My thoughts on Thought Transmitter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
yosef_dov
Very very nice presentation.
Great misdirection, thanks for sharing.
I may try it.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2002-12-09 11:38, Jones wrote:

Thought provoking post Greg. I Don't do much mentalism but you've made me realise that when I do, I'm too "clinical."
I once thought I'd missed the peek so I took the TT back out of my pocket and suggested somebody else look after it - turned out I fluffed the second peek and was right first time. I didn't cope with the result very well. Smile

Ian
[/quote]

A little bit of a struggle is a good thing. Night after night when I do my stuff at the Hat & Hare in The Castle, I start by saying, "Sorry to say I don't do the standard card and coin magic everyone does... I do psychic experiments... and they are experiments... they could go wrong." By saying that anytime I've goofed it has come across as being more real than if I was right on the button. When I have a set that has worked perfectly then I tend to be slightly off on my last effect. It's great to do mentalism because when you do magic they expect you to always find the card, but not in mentalism. Sticking with the TT theory, I once told someone to draw a simple picture when I got the pick all I saw was something that looked like a small rectangle with another line running about a third into the rectangle. I thought that they decided to draw some simple picture so I started drawing. I would say things like, "Hmm? I'm getting a line here and there's one here..." I slowly made the picture without even really knowing what it was. Well, the reaction I was getting was really strong. When I finished, they were in shock and I said, "I'm sorry if I didn't get it exactly right, but sometimes the image comes either a bit fuzzy or not oriented right like backwards." This got a bigger reaction and I didn't know why. Until I pulled out what they had drawn to confirm if I was correct. What had happened is they turned the wallet to draw and when I looked at it it was now turned 90 degrees... What was it? A glass of water. Think about the two pictures and you'll see what I mean.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I love my Thought Transmitter even more now, lot's great stuff here guys! Smile

Smile
Steve Hoffman
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of Steve Hoffman
Sure, TT has its limitations but so does center tear. With TT the spec can be writing down the thought so that we have a record of it, to verify the magi. With a center tear, there is that weird paradox of "why write something down if you're just going to tear it up?" (I know there are ways of handling that -- Docc Hilford has a whole book on the subject! -- but my point is it requires thought jsut as the TT does.)

Certainly, the TT doesn't quite make sense as an ordinary, everyday object. Yet in practice with laypeople for some reason no one ever questions it, or demands to examine it closely, etc. Especially if the magi handles it somewhat nonchalantly.

Steve Hoffman
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1812 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I've used the same Thought Transmitter for over 7 years with the same battery. I use mine wih ESP cards. Then you don't have a problem viewing letters or numbers upside down or sideways.

Then have Tony Clark's snake find the chosen ESP card. (I hope I worded that correct)

Amazing & Funny!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Strangely, I also use a plastic bag to hold the TT and like everyone else, I thought it was my idea Smile

Everyone will think of the good ones...

Take care, Ian
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1260 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
By the way, I got mine here:

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=003740

after I read Greg Arce's post about Magic Squares here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......t=311251

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
Black Knight
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Black Knight
I like the Thought Transmitter, one of those WOW tricks that get the audience going. The secret has a lower chance of it being discovered.

Black Knight
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » My thoughts on Thought Transmitter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL