The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cutting lady in half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Ok this might already be out I am not sure. what if you take and have the lady put in the box and instead of cutting her in have why not thirds. since every one know how cutting in half is done. just wondering that all if done then I won;t think of getting something made I mean I don;t want to reinvent the wheel after its been invented. this just something that poped into my head.so any that can help that would be great.
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Of sorry forgot to tell you. remove the middle of it.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
It has been done before. Actually there are different versions of it.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Zig-Zag?
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Oh really thanks that's all I want to know I don't want to step on anyone else idea.i just keep on thinking. I am trying to get some tricks with twist to it. ok thanks for the help.
mike
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Jack Hughes did a version of this but the name of the illusion escapes me. I have seen others since. The middle section is pulled out completely but to me the table looks a little too obvious. There is a version out at the moment that I think is on Tilford's sight that doesn't rely on the strange table.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Don't just take my sarcasm as the final word... I think you may be on something with your idea... Seriously... It would need to be so different from the Zig-Zag or Lady without a Middle that it wouldn't be like you were reinventing the wheel... Just make sure you don't end up like the guy who is trying to claim he's the creator of the new Origami...

Bryan
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

That's its name... 'Lasy Without A Middle'. Seems pretty obvious now. I think Zigmont used to do it, I'm sure I remember seeing it on his website but I think I remember reading in another post he's now concentrating on the special fx so I'm not too sure if the pic's still on his site.
Mark Daniel
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'm sure you may even recall seeing this on a smaller scale... You could perform it with your arm... Doug Henning performed "Lady Without a Middle" on his TV Special with Bill Cosby... He gave it an operation/surgery theme... I though it was extremely clever as the hospital gowns aided in the method... those who saw it will know what I mean... Not to tip anything on the Café'or anything...

Bryan
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
There is a "Center Cutting" illusion. Paul Osborne sells plans for it.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

You could take it a step further and open up the centre box once removed and show the midriff, assuming its not already been done.
Mark Daniel
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

The one I've seen is where the centre is removed and a small flap opened in the box to let out the butterflies from the stomach. Spring butterflies fly out.
Mark Daniel
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
What if you did like that and you make a midgit come out after the middle gone. lol just kidding
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
There are actually quite a few cutting in thrid illusions on the market. A new one that comes to mind is "Dismiddlement".

http://tilfordillusions.com/disMiddlementAdy.html

Also, check out this page and look under "slash illusion"

http://www.magicshow.sk/

Also, for video performances... try:

http://www.universidadedamagica.com/udm/br/videos.asp

Look under Doug Henning, Lynx, Rudy Coby and Sylvan.

best of luck,
Matt
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5765 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Besides the Zig-Zag, Osbourne sells plans for a couple of versions, that I remember. I was considering building one, until I looked into the Wakeling Sawing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cutting lady in half (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL