We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » TAOM 2006, Dallas, September 1 - 4 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
The Texas Association of Magicians (TAOM) Annual Convention will be held in Dallas over the Labor Day weekend, September 1 through 4, 2006. Currently scheduled to perform are:

Rene Lavand
Johnny and Pam Thompson
Dick Koornwinder
Rafael Benatar
Vito Lupo
John Carney
Bob White
Eric DeCamps
Roger Klause
Levent
Mike Caveney
Tina Lenert
Jon Armstrong
Banachek
Avner The Eccentric
Scott Cervine
Andy Dallas
Dan Rodriguez
Trevor Lewis
David Hira
Kinetic Shiva
Arthur Moses’ Houdini Collection will also be on display

All of the events will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Addison. The convention rate is $85 + tax per night. Early registration, before August 1, 2006, is $135 for magicians and less for spouses and children.

Further details are available at:

http://www.taom2006.com
Mike Squires
View Profile
New user
Dallas
56 Posts

Profile of Mike Squires
And those are just the people on the Talent Lineup! If you notice anyone missing, they're probably registering just to come and see this group.

This is going to be big. Imagine being able to walk around and rub elbows with this group and the crowd they draw.

Check out what's going on at:
http://www.taom2006.com

-Mike Squires
My New User status suggests that I've generally known when to keep my mouth shut.
klownchuck
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of klownchuck
I think that one of the neatest things about having this convention here.... is that there is plenty of FREE parking... that's right... FREE parking on the hotel grounds!! But that's just ONE of the neat things.

Chuck Lehr
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Somehow I just knew Chuck Lehr would find his way to this forum! Really , folks, don't miss TAOM, it is a long running and great convention. Texas is a big state with a lot of top knotch magicians, and the Dallas Magic Clubs is going all out as the host this year. Plus we need the extra help of you guys just to help us keep Chuck in line!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17198 Posts

Seriously, Don't miss this convention. The Dallas Magic Clubs have really gone all out to make it a real whing dinger (and I think they are practicing for the future scheduled SAM convention with this one). The hotel in Addison (North Dallas) is great and there is a tremendous resturant row along that area. Enjoy great magic, great fellowship, and come back 10 lbs heavier (but satisfied). Besides Johnny Thompson is worth the price of the convention alone.
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
And the TAOM convention in Dallas is your chance to see our nice display in the dealer room. We promise to put on a colorful showpiece for you.....
http://www.wonderwarehouse.com
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
In addition to the above listed talent, the following fine dealers of magic products are also scheduled to attend TAOM 2006 in Dallas:

H & R Magic Books – Richard Hatch and Charlie Randall

The Card Plant – Gary Plants

Magic Lists – John A. Greget

Steven’s Magic Eporium

Viking Manufacturing Company and Collector’s Workshop

JB Magic UK – Mark Mason

Mamma Mia Magic – Aldo Colombini

Wonderwarehouse.com – Wolfgang Wollet

Daytona Magic – Harry Allen

Laflin Magic – Duane Laflin

Uni’ke Products

Lair Magic – Michael P. Lair

Wild Magic – Rachel Wild and Tom Jones

Opus 1 Productions

Wizardcraft Magic – Craig Dickson

Banachek
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Yes http://www.wizardcraft.com will be there with the entire line of the new JOL Oconnell Leather Wallets and Accessories. These are the finest in the world, and all will be there plus so much more on the same line of quality.

See ya all there.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I will also be there presenting a lecture on the history of the cups and balls, with examples from the cups and balls museum.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Last year's convention was my first convention ever, and it was incredible. I'm not competing this year though. Hopefully Dallas will be just as awesome.

Michael
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Think either of my kids would mind if I hocked all their yugioh cards to come up with the money to attend? I just bought a new car, and money will be tight for about a month or so, but I'm going to try and get the proverbial blood from a turnip so I can attend. I think it will be worth it just for the Houdini collection!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
For anyone contemplating attending TAOM 2006 in Dallas, this is a reminder that the early registration rate of $135 for magicians ends July 31, 2006. After August 1, 2006 the cost of a magician registration will be $185.

A preliminary schedule has also been posted at: http://www.taom2006.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-06-17 21:15, WolfgangWollet wrote:
And the TAOM convention in Dallas is your chance to see our nice display in the dealer room. We promise to put on a colorful showpiece for you.....
http://www.wonderwarehouse.com

Please bring cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I live Downtown Dallas (20 min. drive on the tollway to the convention) and can house a couple of people at no cost. That is for anyone stranded or having problems with hotel only. I do guarantee you'll be comfortable, well fed, entertained, but we do not guarantee you'll ever be seen again. Hey, just like magic....

Actually that 20 min. drive can be up to half a day if traffic is that jacked up. They picked a beautiful Hotel for this convention! It's also in a very good part of town. Just don't go outdoors say after 6pm.

That's a joke. Addison is lovely and this will be a wonderful time for all attending. For those of you who've never visited, don't be disappointed when you find the majority of us Texans don't have a 10 gallon hat, a hat at all, a pickup truck, farm animals, or anything that's even "BIG". We were just pulling ya'lls leg about such things.

And yes, parking is free in that area which is great when you consider there's always some shmuck with his hand out asking you for parking fee. I'll be incognito but I'll see ya'll there.

Don't miss The Café's own Jeb Sherrill and Kinetic Shiva. Jeb is from Dallas as well and recently put out the Zombie Re-animated DVD which received excellent reviews! He and his wife are wonderful people.

So come on down to Dallas Texas and have a great time! Remember to leave your guns at the door.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
I saw on another forum that they have added David Williamson to the line-up and that they will be posting an updated schedule soon.

Patrick Guida
StevenKidwell
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of StevenKidwell
Bill,
To clarify...your lecture is about the History of Cups and Balls? If we bring cups, is it to show others the cups, or to experiment with moves you plan to share?

Looking forward to it!
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
I'm going just so I can meet Bill Palmer!
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
The early registration rate has been extended until August 15 and an updated schedule has been posted at: http://www.taom2006.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17198 Posts

Well the early registration deadline has passed, but I'm sure you can still get in, and well worth the effort, just two weeks away to some tremendous magic and fellowship in Dallas! Don't miss this one!
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
630 Posts

Profile of JordanB
This is going to be great. I don't know if someone mentioned this above but the great Chuck Smith has been added to the lineup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » TAOM 2006, Dallas, September 1 - 4 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL