The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My new website - but first...... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Hi all,

I hope you are all well!

Some of you will know my name, others will not. Some of you will know that I am a website developer by trade, most of you will not!

Unfortunately due to being so busy for the last 6 months with work and personal projects, I have negelected my own site(s). I have therefore decided to dedicate a bit of time to getting gwsmagic.com into shape (theres nothing there right now).

On this website I will have a page about me for anyone that is interested, as well as information on my current range of products, plus new ideas I have.

PLEASE READ ON!

I am also thinking of offering free effects to those that sign up, via a newsletter or on the website itself. I have been working on a book of efects for magicians on and off for a while now. The problem is, there is so much 'stuff' coming out in the magic worls and its imposiible to pleas everyone.

So I thought that I may simply offer the complete write up of one effect, lets say every month. This isn't a scam or anything, I would like my ideas to be made available without cashing in on them.

Do you guys think this would be a good idea?

Of couse I will use the website to inform visitors about my current range and will give registered users the chance to comment on possible new releases, probably offer pre release freebies too.

I will also add a forum for each of my products to discuss new handlings etc with fellow users. I will also upload videos of new ideas for free download.

Basically I would love to know if you guys would be interested in anything like this? If so I will start building, otherwise I will keep the website as purely 'here are my products and here's where you can buy them'.

Let me know your thoughts!

Many Thanks

Gary Sumpter
EX MagicTricks.co.uk Demo Guy
EX Stage Illusionist
EX Stage manipulator
EX this
EX that
Current Thinker Smile
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I think you'll find many will be interested in free effects. In fact, releasing a few effects may be a great way to promote any book you would want to release in the future. You can definitely count me in. Good Luck.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Thanks for the reply.

To be honest I'm not sure I will be putting any more books out, who knows.

Just seems a waste for these effects to go unused! Smile

Gary
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Anyone else?

No offence Caleb, but I wont be doing all this work just for you Smile

Perhaps I will leave it for now!

Gary
jsereb
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of jsereb
I just PM's Gary as I was unable to get on to his website. I am new to the Café and was surprised that no one else replied. I certainly would have an interest.

JS
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I am not sure but I think the backpalmking may have retiRed.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Quote:
On 2007-12-28 16:38, Chris Jones wrote:
I am not sure but I think the backpalmking may have retiRed.

Certainly not Smile

Things are in motion Smile

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My new website - but first...... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL