The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Speed Learning ~ Palm Reading In Your Own Words" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
"Speed Learning ~ Palm Reading In Your Own Words"
by Julian Moore

Among the Dagara people from Burkina Faso, new diviners learn by watching older ones do their work. Along the way, the mentor will put his pupil on the spot, asking him to carry on with the divination by himself, and little by little, he will build up the necessary craft and confidence to become a proficient diviner himself. There are no explanations, no theory, no conceptual approach. They learn by doing.

There was a time when the craft of magic was passed down from a mentor to his pupil. It was easier to understand certain details and nuances. Time and geographical constrains don't permit this anymore; yet reading "Palm Reading In Your Own Words" by Julian Moore (author of the highly praised "Post-Justify") I felt a little bit transported to that time and place where learning the craft of conjuring was personalized, individual, and done real time.

The package consist on a book and a set of flash cards that you can print out for yourself. At first, the concept reminded me of the 'Cold Front' cards Doug Dyment has on the market, based on the work of Richard Webster. The big difference between these two products however, and the real contribution that "Palm Reading In Your Own Words" has to offer, is in the way knowledge is organized and handed down. "Palm Reading In Your Own Words" won't give you a set of stock phrases to learn by heart; the system teaches you how to create these affirmations by yourself. The beauty of Julian's system is that it won't help you mimic the way a reader works, it will teach you to think like one.

There are several books on Palm Reading in the marketplace. Quiromancy is regarded as a legitimate divination system, therefore there is a vast amount of knowledge about this art that has been accumulated over the centuries. I would say that "Palm Reading In Your Own Words" is not a shortcut, but a system for learning Palm Reading whose emphasis is on crafting a meaningful communication with the sitter. This package is not just about learning the meaning of these lines across your palm, but about how to use these lines to create an intimate and powerful bond with another human being. This system is about doing readings based on Palm Reading, and not about the art of Quiromancy itself.

I feel necessary to point out this, because many of the books you may find about Palm Reading have such an encyclopaedic amount of information, that is hard to "see" beyond it, specially if you are a beginner. I'm not saying that here you won't learn legitimate Palm reading, you will, and you will learn it fast. But you will do so without ever losing sight of the true goal of any divination system: connecting and sharing with real people in the real world.

I have to say that Palm Reading is not my thing. I understand it's beauty, but I don't 'feel' it. I've always thought it must be incredibly powerful to be capable of extracting entertaining wisdom from the lines that cross our hands, but I've never felt inclined to learn it. It is for this precise reason that I felt the perfect guinea pig for Julian's system.

After reading Julian's book, and going through the flash cards a couple of times, I have a practical knowledge of palm reading that I didn't have 48 hours ago. My progress is clear and tangible. Today, I was able to improvise a palm reading session with one of my regular clients, and it went very well. I'm excited! That's why I'm writing this review, hoping that some of you also take advantage of this beautiful tool that Julian is sharing with us.

http://store.payloadz.com/detail.asp?id=18125

Enrique Enriquez
http://www.enriqueenriquez.net
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I bought this at the above recommend. I think that it an excellently laid out summation of the essence of palmistry, and designed to teach you as you go along. I can certainly see how one can get this today and start giving mini-readings tomorrow night. Better yet, learn it all easily in a week and give real readings and be able to answer questions.

The full value is not just the efficient technical teaching system, but in the urging to put all this in your own words. Much of the interesting part of any reading is your own interpretation/scripting of the meanings, and this book teaches you to verbally learn what to say..again, very easily, and as you go along.

Anyone can learn this stuff from any given $2 used book you stumble across in a thrift shop...but to learn it easily, step by step, in order, so it makes sense is worth the extra loot. Not to mention saving yourself a couple weeks of tedious rote learning. Do that later when you have the foundations down.

This ebook actually teaches easily, speedily the essence of palmistry. Nice job. I'd recommend this to anyone starting out in the field. Well worth the money.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Thanks for those kind words Tom! Hopefully the book will teach people how to actually 'do it for real' quickly instead of mimicking what they think that other readers 'do'. This was written for the general public, but with the slant on giving readings. Most books tell you what the lines mean, but not how to deliver that with any meaning. Hopefully my book addresses this issue and teaches people how to be natural with palmistry.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Really interesting stuff and well written. I like the fact that the sitter/spec brings their own props...I've looked over a few palmistry books myself and always got lost in the verbage and weight of learning a bloated system. This is a breeze.

Personaly, it's a 'back pocket' thing for me and I won't use it that much but at least now I know I can and that's always a value for me. If you want to learn a Palm system that is not just parroting paragraphs of others. Get it.

Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Review from Craig Browning (who doesn't venture to these parts!):

As most of you know I’m a strong supporter in the idea of learning “legitimate” divination techniques prior to getting your head filled with all the Cold Reading mumbo-jumbo offered by the magic and skeptic’s realms. Too, one of the primary systems I recommend is Palmistry in that most of the folks you meet in the world have at least one if not two to work with. In other words, at the drop of a hat, you have all your really need for creating miracles and (if so inclined) turning a quick buck or two. The problem is, most of us get confused, frustrated and impatient when it comes to memorizing everything… NOT ANY MORE!

Julian Moore’s fantastic “Speed Learning Palmistry” eBook is, in my opinion, one of the best, most practical guides for learning this ancient divination technique that’s ever hit the market. At $22.00 it’s a golden steal if any ever existed (it should be at least a $60.00 download). It does not matter if you’ve never read a thing on Palmistry or if you’re a seasoned Reader from the local Tea House THIS BOOK IS A MUST!

A 39 page, well illustrated and referenced tome is supported by easy to make flash cards (templates), the combination of the two allow you to gain sufficient insight to this practice so as to be able to deliver a solid 10-15 minute palm reading in under a week’s time.

Julian first grabbed our attention a little over a year ago with his POST JUSTIFY eBook of billet techniques employing that modern wonder, the Post It Pad. With this tome, he’s proving to us all, that he’s not just some “new guy” to the craft; he a serious student who thinks things through in a very creative and practical manner, delivering to our industry some amazing contributions. Keep your eye out for more of his genius in the years ahead.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I got this and it is exactly as described by Julian and others. No hype...just plain good! The organization of this ebook is excellent and really makes everything so very easy. You can't go wrong if you just DO what Julian describes. I've always shyed away from palmistry because I thought the system was too complicated. Julian has changed all that. And, the memory cues are an added bonus. It just can't get any easier.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Just had this email from someone. Thought it may interest some of you who keep going on about 'cold reading'.

"I have just bought and read your new ebook. I would just like to say how good it is...finally someone who can teach this kind of thing well! I think this will help my cold reading no end - not just in palm reading either.

Thanks again!"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Now this line here is extremely important...it exists so the skin on your hand folds when you close your hand; if you didn't have it, your hand would tear."

-J.S. Allis.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I recently purchased this ebook and I really like it. Julian Moore’s method of teaching is absolutely the best I have ever used to learn some new skill.

He breaks the whole lump of information into sections, delves deep into those sections, then comes back and reviews them together.

There are also flash cards included [you have to print them out yourself]
that help you study the previous material.

One of the many things I like about this book is the way Julian bridges the information into different combinations that will be used in a reading. He also gives you exercises to practice out loud so your reading will sound more natural.

I'm not sure what Julian Moore does in his day life, but I would guess he is in education in some context. He uses charts and small tests to drill the material and makes you review.

Absolutely my best book purchase this year!

Please Julian, write more cold reading books that delve into occult sciences like palmistry. I will buy them on the spot.
10 out of 10
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Xiqual,

I agree that Julian is a brilliant thinker and creator and that this is an excellent book and teaching method but you missed the boat on your guess as to his day job. He is a musician and a *** good one. Thankfully his creativity, artistry and natural communication skills are at such a high level that he contributes such wonderful material to the mentalism community.

Bill
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Wow Bill!!
I did miss the boat on that, LOL It just seems that he is such a great communicator on paper.

I was right about one thing though, this is a great book!!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I swear I didn't pay these people to write this ego-inflating rant!

:)
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
This is a very good way to learn palm reading for entertainment.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
From August the price of Speed Learn Palmistry will be raised to over 30$

The current price of 22$ has only been broadcast to the mentalism community - as of August the book will publicised more widely and via different outlets. The price of the book needs to be consistent, and these other shop fronts charge much larger commissions (as much as 50% in some cases), so the book will be re-priced accordingly.

The current price has been kept low so that the people I know who would appreciate the book can actually buy it cheaper and to also enable me to get feeedback (which is you lot mainly) When it goes more 'public' the higher price will also make sure it is only bought by people who are really interested and not just the curious.

Thanks for your understanding. Grab it before August if you actually want it!

Cheers

Bev
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Bev,
I happened to see your advert that there'll be an update of Post Justify. I purchased the manuscript long ago and am interested in any new additions. How do I receive update?

best, fib
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
You can receive the update for Post Justify by contacting magic notes

By the way, the speed learning palmistry book will have it's price raised to over $35 dollars on the 1st August. So get it now while it's still 22 bucks if you want it.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I've put the price hike of Speed Learning Palmistry back by one day just so magic Café users can get it at the original price of $22 until 2nd August.

But tomorrow I really will be putting the price up Smile

Bev
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
....argh.... must.... buy..... now.....

Hey - its fantastic! Thanks for giving us an extra day! This art piece is worth $60!!!!

I've always stayed away from palm reading and stuck to Tarot for CR - but this is truly a reader friendly book... plus cards! As an educator, I wish to salute you!

Oh for those who don't buy today - you'd be foolish to pass this up - on the bright side - its still worth way more than the $35 it will go up to...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Ok it's over
the price has been bumped up
if you're still really desperate you can pm me and I'll see what I can do
But for all intents and purposes this ebook is now $45 for 'everyone else'
I will be giving it a bit of a tidy up, adding a few corrections and stuff over the next week and everyone who bought the original will be sent the update
cheers
Bev
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Speed Learning ~ Palm Reading In Your Own Words" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL