The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Problems with perspiration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Hi !!!

My hands are slippery during a performing because of my stress. It's a real problem, especially with coins !

Does it exist a stuff or a product to prevent the hands' perspiration during a coin trick ? Smile

Thanks
Emeline
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
If you do a search, you'll find some other threads on this. However, one that I have seen mentioned is using antiperspirant on your hands. I sometimes have this problem too. I tried antiperspirant before a contest once, but can't say if it worked for sure because I used it as a preventive measure before my hands started perspiring.

Best of luck,
Gene
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1059 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Hi emeline,

How long have you been performing? I remember when I first began I had the same problem. As you log many more hours of live performances, your nervousness will disappear and so will the perspiration. I suggest you avoid using plams or sleights where the perspiration interfers with the trick. First build your confidence as a performer....
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1346 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I second mediocre's oppinion.
I guess it's the same for everyone when they are startin' out.
the perspiration issue got me very frustrated when I started out.
one thing that I used that worked for me was talc powder (i am not sure about the spelling , sorry). that white powder that weight lifters use (no , no blow) .
good luck !

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Thank you very much for your advice!
You're very nice !

Emeline
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Problems with perspiration (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL