The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » I've got an invisible deck... now what? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I know the standard routine and the Bill Malone "Standing Ovation" version, but that's it. The deck seems to have much more potential, but I can't think of one.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
The bonus section of my notes "Simply Devastating" deals with a number of different ideas for the ID. You can find the review for them here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......9&14

There is a ton of potential for the ID, and I'm very happy to see that you intend to use it as a utility device as oppose to a "trick" with the patter that accompanies the deck.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Sankey has a routine called 'X'. You have to do a search because I can't remember the DVD is was on.

Frans
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I have a routine entitled "I Knew It All the Time" which appears on my Classic Force DVD.

Standing ovations at the Magic Castle!!!!

Regards,

Paul Green
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
I keep one in my "back pocket", even when I don't plan to use it.

Cause when another effect goes South, it'll save your butt everytime!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
There's a booklet "Invisible Secrets Revealed" by Fields and Schwartz.
Contributions by-EDDIE FIELDS, DON ALAN, MIKE SCHWARTZ, ED MARLO, S. DAVID WALKER, and many more!

A Google will turn up sources.
Thommy Razor
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
137 Posts

Profile of Thommy Razor
I forget where this idea originated, but I've had two spectators call friends on their cell phones, one friend picks a number, the other a suit, and, yeah. You know where it goes from here.
If anyone knows the origin of this handling, I'd love to know.
Cheers!
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you." Dr. Konklin, Konklin Mattresses
www.myspace.com/RazorInc
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-05-22 15:38, fvdbeek wrote:
Sankey has a routine called 'X'. You have to do a search because I can't remember the DVD is was on.

Frans

Its a great routine but you have to prepare the deck (with a magic marker - what else!) and you can't use the ID for the standard routine afterwards 9unless you buy another one!). The routine 'X' is on Sankey's Secret Files Vol 2
Binary
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Binary
I normally just use it as an out to any card effects that go wrong.

Normally I will use it to do a psychological force with, I will force the 3 of diamonds with a psychological force (inspired by Derren Brown on his "Devils Picturebook") and after they have thaught of a card (which I have *hopefully* forced to be the 3 of diamonds) I simply say "Repeat it over and over in your head, so three of diamonds, three of diamonds, three of diamonds" and they will either go crazy if they were thinking of it, or if they don't go crazy you can just say "Sorry, what card were you thinking of..." and break into the invisible deck or brainwave.
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I've used it a couple of times among the Paul Harris Vanishing Deck: live the ID in the case, ask the spectator to name a card and claim you are going to make it disappear from the deck. Go on with the vanishing deck routine, and then reveal that the deck is again inside the case, and show that one of the card is facing up... and of course it's their free choosen one Smile

Dave
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
The Sankey routine is a great way to ruin a good trick.

Half the time you have to show that you "predicted" the chosen card by writing an X on EVERY OTHER CARD.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'll second Invisible Secrets Revealed - it's a great book!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Steve Bedwell's "Shake, Shuffle, and Twist".
Best ID routine ever.
He nailed a roomful of magicians with it at IBM a few years ago.
It's all in the reflexes.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 00:08, wsduncan wrote:
The Sankey routine is a great way to ruin a good trick.

Half the time you have to show that you "predicted" the chosen card by writing an X on EVERY OTHER CARD.

While you may not want to replace your ID routine with "X" you may not want to sell this off so quickly as a "great way to ruin a good trick". It a very good idea and has always played well everytime I used it.

Sankey's "X" presentation will more than often blow right by all those spectators-magicians (and even some novice magicians), that know all about invisible decks and can be a strong routine all by itself.

The "half the time" outcome is never an issue since "X" is definitely not a repeatable routine. The structure and effect of "X" is not used as an 'out' and really throws of the reconstruction process by eliminating the possibility that the magician simply reversed the named card (a commonly misconceived solution among hecklers).

I think "X" is a fantastic way to use your 'second' (red back) ID.

I also endorse Steve Bedwell's routine and one by Cyril...both are really good!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I second the vote for Shake Shuffle and Twist. Awesome routine.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
So, what have you done now that you have the deck?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
To get a feel for several great uses seek out Cody Fisher's booklet on the Invisible deck. The man has some STELLAR thinking and jaw-dropping routines in it. You will not be sorry that you picked it up. Cody's a real worker, no fluff in there.

Best,
Clark
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
rambam
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of rambam
I don't know you just don't use the deck the way it was oroginally used! its the best effect possible
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I would agree with that as well. I've been using a jumbo version in my stand-up act for 20 years.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
C'mon Toaster... what have you done with it????????
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » I've got an invisible deck... now what? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL