The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cylinder and Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Can anyone tell me where I can find a piece of cork to use in the Ramsey Cylinder and Coins Routine. I have a magnetic stack on its way from T.L and have recieved the actual cylinder from the ambitious card but I cannot find anywhere to get the cork. I feel a bit stupid asking but have tried everywhere and no luck at all.

Thanks for anyone that can help

Craig
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
You can ask a bar for some used cork (it is the lid for wine, etc)..... and then you can slice it as big as you want

hope this help
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-05-22 08:00, Craig Petty wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can find a piece of cork to use in the Ramsey Cylinder and Coins Routine. ...

They come in wine bottles and were a common item in places like the little grocery store in which John Ramsay spent much of his time. Others have used other markers. Ross Bertram used a die. Someone else uses a lifesaver. Another person uses a Penney.

Have fun
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Jonathan is right. The downside, though, today many of the cheaper wines come with a wax/plastic cork or a cork that is really a cork-like material wrapped in wax.

My suggestion, find as many bottles of expensive wine as you can and then spend an evening emptying each one. That's how I got my cork collection. Hey, I need backup corks!
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
If after drinking all that wine you still cant find a cork: Go to a restaraunt supply or store that specializes in selling to chefs/cooks. They usually sell corks in bags of 4 or 5.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Craig, when I think about it, I try to remember to toss in a few pieces of cork with each cylinder. Sometimes I forget. Go to a nearby pub and ask for a wine cork. They probably toss out dozens of them per week. You might make a good contact for some work while you're there. You never know.

If nothing else, I could mail you some. Let me know.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
You can also try fishing supplies at Walmart, etc.
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
All the DVD's I seem to get have "demo" versions of this routine...but none with instruction. Any suggestions on learning this interesting and effective gem?

BooRadley
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Hi, Boo

You can learn the original routine from Andrew Galloway DVD The Magic of John Ramsay
It's 2 volume DVD. Full of classic. Thimbles manipulation, Coin to Hat, and many more

It's very good DVD. Then you can modify the routine to suit ur performance

Cheers,
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
John Carney has his version of Ramsey's routine published in Carneycopia. I believe it's also taught on the Carney on Ramsey:Lessons on Misdirection dvd. Can't comment on the dvd as I don't own it but the book discription is very detailed.
DonEngland
View Profile
1947 - 2015
Champaign, IL
258 Posts

Profile of DonEngland
Send me an exact size and a SASE and I will send you the corks.
Go to http://www.DonEngland.com
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
What props are required to perform this routine? I have Dan Watkin's Coin Man Walking and he performs cylinder and coins on the DVD but no explanation. I think the use of a Ramsay stack was already mentioned. Are there other gimmicks needed as well? I have a ] but that's the extent of my coin gaff collection.

Thanks.

M
bigtyme
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bigtyme
You'll need a leather cylinder. Actually Frank Starsini makes beautiful leather cylinders. I purchased one from him sometime back. Mr Starsini's site is http://www.theambitiouscard.com. He carries very cool stuff you can't get anywhere else. I got my Ramsay stack from Todd Lassen. They're fun props to work with. Dan Watkins does a wonderful routine. John Carney has a book called Carneycopia. It has a super cylinder and coins routine. I kind of looked at both then came up with my own routine. Done well it looks like a Duck on a pond. Real calm on top, but paddling like crazy underneath.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
There are three different routines on the New DVD's (vol. 5,6,and 7) from the New York Coin Magic Seminar group - one by Marc DeSouza, one by Mike Gallo, and one by Giacomo Bertini. look for them on our website, http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net .
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
I just ordered a Starsini Cylinder and I'm psyched after getting Carney on Ramsay. Todd is making these new, attractive and highly functional Ramsay magnetic Ramsay stacks. It's always fun working with nice props.

Now I just need a nice wand...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cylinder and Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL