The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help new coin routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
Hi

I am working on a new routine at the moment. At one stage I need to vanish 4 coins (Halfdollars)all in one go. I would really like to be able to show 4 coins in one hand and pass them into my other hand to reveal moments later that they have vanished. All that I have been able to come up with so far is a coin pull which shows 4 coins in a fan position and then I pass them into my other hand only to reveal moments later that they have vanished. (so I suppose you could say there is something up my sleave)

Any ideas at all would be great. If you guys know a way of doing something like this using sleights that would be great but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance everyone for all of your help.
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Really need more info here, do you need the coins to vanish completely?
Do they need to come back later?
Is it just a false transfer you need?
Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
Hi

Sorry should of gone into more details. I place the regular 4 half dollars in my hand pretending to spread them into a fan what I actually do is classic palm the 4 reg Halfs and show the fan (glued together Halfs) of halfs. This is so I can apparently vanish the Halfs and reproduce them later. The coins then appear inside a Boston Box.

I didn't know if a false transfer would work with 4 coins. Have you ever tried something like this? how did it go? I will have to try it out.
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
I'd definately go for a FT, not a seperate glued together fan if that's what you were referring to? You can do French Drop with a stack of four coins, or check out Bobo's for a multiple coin vanish, which is very easy and very deceptive. I think Rune Klan has some work on multiple coin vanishes, but for what you want I think you'd only need Bobo's
I'm working on a retention pass at the moemnt which not only tkaes the coins into FP immediately for Ramsay subtelty, but also works with a fan of coins.
Rik
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-05-22 10:08, Wayne M wrote:
...to show 4 coins in one hand and pass them into my other hand to reveal moments later that they have vanished....

What motivates the transfer (pass) and what are your constraints?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
Thanks Slightly Small I will check Bobo's tonight. Thanks for all the help.

Jonathon

The basic effect is all about Traveling. I live in UK and use Half Dollars to go with that. The first part of the effect is basicaly a matrix routine. People always seem to like to look at the coins after the Matrix part so I then get them to place the coins in my right hand. As I am talking after this, is when any tranfsers can happen. I did cause some confusion on my first post as I only need the coins to appear to vanish so that they can re-appear inside the Bstn Box
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
I was just about to ask why 4 coins, as this wroutine would defiantely be easier with 3. The pass could easily be motivated by reaching for the box which is on your right side, so needs to be picked up with the right hand, 'toss' the coins into the left hand, pick up Box and load coins. For me the motivation problem has also been, "Why do you carry round that funny box?".
Another thing to check is the
"Gone!" p 33 Bobos steal. Difficult but doable with 4 coins, put them in a line from the middle of the heel of your hand to the middle finger and close the fingers pushing the coin out. I love this for a multiple coin steal. Think last stage of Gadabout Coins Smile
Rik
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I remember Johnny Benzais vanishing 4 English Penny's using a gaff in which the coins were riv---- together. Look to the title of this forum to find out where those coins went. If you work with 3 it opens up the possibility of using TL's 3 coin locking nest (Triple Threat).
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
You can do a giant french drop with 4 coins, it does work but is not the most convincing.
I always use Derek Dingles Silent control to deep back heel clip with 4 coins and steal them into Mutobe palm (or thumb clip depending on the angles)... check out Kainoa Harbottles work for the ins and outs, he is a memeber...
Paul
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Deep back Heel Clip, that's the one I was trying to get to! Not sure how'd you'd get into mutobe, guess I'll find out when I eventually get CoE. I just steal them into finger palm.
Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
Thanks for all your help guys. I am looking ito all of the possibillities(sp)now.
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Goshman describes a great four coin vanish in Magic by Gosh but it will leave your right hand dirty. Other possibilities could be Bluetac and a topit else Gary Kurtz describes a good vanish which I believe was Juan Tamaritz's in Misty Like a dream. Basically 4 coins get folded in tissue paper and dissapear in a flash of fire and glitter.

If you are based in Bucks drop me a PM and we could get together for a beer. I'm based in South Bucks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help new coin routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL