We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Psycho Joker Deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Has anyone bought and used the 'Psycho Joker' deck being advertised on eBay?

http://tinyurl.com/hn84z

Any opinions as to how it plays? It looks like it might be fun. And, hey, it's another deck to collect. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
It's just a remake of the stolen cards/rainbow deck idea.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Yeah, I know this trick as "The Kaleidescope Deck". This one would be fairly easy to make yourself (although that may get under the skin of a few people). You just need two red jacks, two black sevens and 48 jokers. Easy peasy.

The handling is similar to "Geminii Twins".

Now, I've demonstrated the "Kaleidescope Deck" where I work about a gazillion times, and despite how simple it is, it always seems to play well with the spectators, and I always have fun performing it.

I say give it a shot!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Just ordered one. Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 11:30, airship wrote:
Just ordered one. Smile

Let us know how what you think of it once you get it!

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Sounds like some pretty familiar principles are at work in this one, (10 /20 c***t f**ce for example) although that's not to say it won't KILL for laymen.

Looks like something Aldo Columbini would do.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The c***t f**ce (whatever that is) isn't required, but it helps control the audience a bit better.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Airship... did you get it yet?

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Well, I've played some with my Psycho Joker deck, now, so here's the review. I'll try not to give too much away that isn't already said in the effect description on eBay.

It has these things going for it:
(1) It's easy to set up.
(2) It's self-working. As written, the spectator does 90% of the work, but he could do 100% if you want.
(3) There's both an initial reveal and a final surprise, which makes it better than a trick with just one conclusion.
(4) You get practically a full deck of Jokers and an actual trick for about the same price as just buying a deck of Jokers with no tricks included.
(5) You end clean, and the deck is fully examinable.
(6) The cards are red Bicycles.

Now here's what detracts:
(A) It's essentially a one-trick pony. Only one trick is described, and I don't see too much else that could be done with it. Maybe I lack imagination.
(B) The deck can't be shuffled by the spectator. You can, of course, give it some false shuffles, but the top and bottom card must be controlled.
(C) It's basically a packet trick that's the size of a full deck, which makes it much harder to transport and switch out than, say, a 3-card monte.
(D) The ending is one of those "it's a little too unbelievable" things, and it probably wouldn't take much figuring on the part of the spectator to figure it out.

Is it worth the money? Yes, of course. I paid $7.95, which would be cheap even if this was just a packet trick. I think I expected more, but then that's often the problem with buying anything online.

In short, I don't feel ripped off, and I'll probably perform it when I have the pocket space to be able to transport a full extra deck for a single trick. But I'm not doing cartwheels over this one.

*** (That's three stars out of five.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Psycho Joker Deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL