The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Incarnum PK Ring - Another Rip-Off? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On 2006-05-29 02:04, ClouDsss wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-29 00:44, SBogunia wrote:
No one alive can say they came up with PK magic stuff. Even if it is a different magnet.Magnetic ring tricks have been with us for over 100 years....

And it is only after a hundred years someone creative decides to make a ring using neo-****** to make PK effects easier.

What the hell is your point?
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Well, to put it simply, and easier to understand, regardless of how many years PK effects have been with us, the first type of fully magnetic wedding band ring released was Wizard PK Ring. And that tells us a bit of how some people are creative enough to use something common and turn it into something for the magic industry.

If the Wizard PK was not be released, would Neo Ring, IPK and whatever be released? Would they even think of such an item despite all the countless claims that it has been around for many years. Well, maybe yes, maybe no. But then again, theres really no way to prove this now is there?

All I know is, Wizard is successful and hence, other dealers find it profitable to use the design of the Wizard (or uncannily similar design), so as to have a share in the market pie.

Another example here, DL has been around for donkey years. But then the diving board double, another variation of the DL but with a flourishy aspect, was only released recently due to the creative mind of Lee Asher. A unique handling of the DL.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Your post makes no sense whatsoever. Magnet rings in one form or another have been around forever. Therefore, there is nothing wrong morally or ethically with any number of companies making magnetic rings. Give it up! let it go!
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I thought we were always discussing about the magic industry and not other industries?

Other stuff such as double sided tape, glue, slits, etc are also being used in other industries. However, it is still original if used in the magic context.

If you are refering to other industries and NOT the magic industry, then I sincerely apologise for gettin the wrong msg from you.

Cheers!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2006-05-29 00:44, SBogunia wrote:
No one alive can say they came up with PK magic stuff. Even if it is a different magnet.Magnetic ring tricks have been with us for over 100 years....

That’s right Sbogunia, and it also applies to the
the Dancing Hanky.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
1997 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Effects using a magnet dates back to the early 1800's. A PK rag is nothing new. If you start tracing when it was adapted to a ring. I have had my fathers PK which he got from his father. That brings it back to the late 1800's and up. Joe Proper can't complain about his Strong Box being ripped off. So far I've been able to date the strong box back to 1971. Magiro of Germany famous for his Hydro Die, everyone says it was his method. Wrong again, with research this again dated back to the late 60's and early 70's, so all those tricks Magiro put out with crediting anyone are not his invention. Popers folding key, my lord they have been around. forever too.

Don't be so hard on the quality of the effects being of cheap quality, some are, but China Magic sellers have stepped up their game. Like Angelo's "The Gift". same packaging and same exact product. I have to agree with another fellow I've been chatting with here on the Café. I really wanted to see what some of this stuff was like. Well really only one. The 45 degree lean. I've seen this sell for 1500.00, the ones from China are just as good if not better and they sell for 30.00. Believe it or not 30.00 converted into Chinese currency is very strong.

One thing that really does bother me is the blatant copyright fraud as they are making mini books that are copies of an original routine. But again no one seems to care and just let it slide. Unless you have a patent on an effect, there's no stopping them, and there aren't many of us who could afford a corporate attorney to litigate it.

You could try a class action suit and notify Customs of the incoming flux of ripped off material, but if it's not a life threatening concern I don't think anyone would even follow up.

Mad Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
In the meantime, how many dealers sell their own invisible thread? How many just buy their own from a thread shop? Seriously, all this crying foul is kind of ridiculous. Selling magic stuff is no different than selling anything else on the market, and all must abide by the same rules and laws.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19492 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
One would hope so.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Incarnum PK Ring - Another Rip-Off? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL