The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best moments of the Amazing Kreskin!!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Is "Best Moments" available through any US company? Thank you for your help!

Tom
Jeff Gan
View Profile
New user
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59 Posts

Profile of Jeff Gan
Placed the order for the DVD today, will take a while before I get it though.
Will review it once I get it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Magicalaurie,

I want to try this.

Candini
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2822 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Very welcome, Candini. Smile
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I've finally sussed out the truth behind the dinner roll story.

Apparently the group of Traders that treated Kreskin so badly was not singling him out for the particular rudeness they showed. They have a tradition of throwing dinner rolls at every speaker/entertainer they engage.

The year before Kreskin, this group of adolescent misfits threw rolls at The Chief Economist of one of the top banks in the Nation.

- entity
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
That would be the dollar bill to jelly roll...

-Tarbell

Corona
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
127 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I just ordered a copy from ebay...check item # 9141769662

The listing had multiple copies of the DVD set available.

-Brian
doiron
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of doiron
The set is also available from the Canadian site:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca

Do a search for Kreskin and it'll pop up. A reviewer on that site stated there were 20 episodes on the set but I suspect it's a typo.
doiron
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of doiron
I just got my set the other day and I'm very, very pleased. Despite ad copy that says there are ten episodes on the DVDs, there are actually twenty shows in all.

As well, there are several excerpts from other shows and a section with Kreskin talking about some other memorable moments.

It was really nostalgic for me. I vividly remember watching these shows when they were on TV and being impressed with Kreskin's talents, his showmanship, his audience management and how he can take a small effect and build it into a major mystery.

Another thing that interested me is how much sleight of hand he performed on the show, announcing to the audience that he was using "magic" and not mentalism for those effects. I've seen his live show several times and I don't recall him doing anything like that now. Perhaps it's just a function of a large live audience versus a television camera and smaller studio crowd.

Keep in mind, if you order the set, that they were filmed from 1971 to 1978 and both the fashions and production values are a bit dated. Still, that just adds to the charm.

There's a lot of fun and education in this set.

Posted: Jun 6, 2006 8:13pm
-----------------------------------------------
I almost forgot - the Friar's Club DVD is entirely different in almost every way.
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2006-05-23 11:06, icy_rabbit wrote:
Oh Happy Day!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=5745

Just bought it at HMV on the weekend, going to sit down and enjoy it tonight!

Any one else have this?

Whoa!!! Yeah, baby!!!

I've not visited The Café for ages but I'm soooo glad I did this evening!

Posted: Jun 8, 2006 11:21pm
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 20:11, doiron wrote:
I just got my set the other day and I'm very, very pleased. Despite ad copy that says there are ten episodes on the DVDs, there are actually twenty shows in all.

As well, there are several excerpts from other shows and a section with Kreskin talking about some other memorable moments.

OMG! Thank you, Jaysus! (And The amazingly Amazing Kreskin, needless to say!)
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I found this through HMV here:

amazon.ca

They want $60 Canadian to ship it, otherwise it will take 10 weeks. Bugger that! I'll wait for somewhere Amazon.com to get it. Or can anyone else recommend somewhere?

Cheers,

-- Topher
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
I just received mine today! Watched a couple episodes...So great for so many reasons..not the least of which mentalism history..just think if we had this much footage of Dunninger... And of course, the real lessons for us on here are in showmanship and audience managment...Cant say enough good things about this.

Mark
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I am very interested in these.
I was wondering what's the different between the 1 DVD and 3 DVD versions?
Anyone has both?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
The 3 dvd version is his TV show which was filmed in the 70's. CLASSIC material...
xxx
Jeff Gan
View Profile
New user
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59 Posts

Profile of Jeff Gan
I only have the 1 disc version. That one was recorded at the Friar Club.
It also has him showing the audience how to do some of the magic. Frankly, I'm not familiar with the Amazing Kreskin's work so it was really interesting to watch a master at work.

What I'd like to ask is do you recommend me getting the 3 disc version as well?

My wishlist just keeps getting longer and longer....sigh..
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Yes, get it!
xxx
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Maddened
If only it's not so costly... Aargh. Doesn't help that I'm not in the US or Canada so shipping is going to cost again... ***.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
I have ordered The AKMMF&S from Amazon
Does anybody know where in the UK to buy TAWK?
Or when Amazon will get it?
TJ
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
THE BEST MOMENTS OF THE AMAZING KRESKIN
Kreskin Television/DVD Alert

It is with great excitement that I announce the release of my latest DVD, THE BEST MOMENTS OF THE AMAZING KRESKIN which contains approximately 8 ˝ hours of my original television series The Amazing Kreskin. The team, in putting this together, did so with tremendous care. None of the shows were scripted. The participants in every single case were legitimate, and in no way, shape or form, stooges or confederates. For that reason, never was anyone given a nondisclosure legal form to sign. To the contrary, the scores if people who participated through the years were legitimate, whether they were taken off the streets, or part of my studio audience.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ESS......00ESSSZ2

I ordered my copy the other day and await it's arrival...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
I own this and absolutely love it. There are more performance ideas on these DVDs to keep anyone doing mentalism for years and its just darn entertaining. Its def. worth the investment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best moments of the Amazing Kreskin!!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL