The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to find a Walsh Appearing Cane? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering where to find a true Walsh Appeaing Cane? I have searched the forum and found no info. I have come across a few sites that claim they are selling them but only for $45.00 so I am guessing it is not a Walsh. Please help me out, I need a silver one...

Thanks,

DJ
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
I have a sort of blueish metalic one. I have found a place to buy them and they were like $70. I can't really remember, though.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi DJ:

I don't believe the Walsh canes have been made for many years now, so I think you're only hope is through a used site like Ron Allesi's or possibly through ebay or magic auction.

One way to tell a Walsh from other is by the release mechanism; the Walsh had a wire release while the German-made canes have a flat piece of metal, very much like the plastic release on the Fantasio canes.

What is it about the Walsh cane that you like? I think the German-made canes work better.

Ron
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=SB4500

Is this cane not a true Walsh Appearing cane?

DJ
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7376 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Some Walsh canes had flat metal catch releases. All were blued spring steel. They are tough to find. Used magic sites and ebay are your best bet.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Anyone try putting gun blueing or black on one of the silver canes from India?

I just checked Tannen's and I guess they no longer have the ulimate appearing cane. They were better then the German one.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I can say from experience that if you do find an original Walsh cane, keep it forever. I sold mine about 10 years ago and hate that I did. It had the flat latch on it and was a great effect. I used a small amount of gun oil on mine to keep it in good working order. Stored it in a pastic bag in a small plastic case. It will last a life time if cared for properly. I have seen the canes that some are offering as Walsh canes but never seen one in person so I can't comment on the one at the magicwarehouse.com. They are silver if my memory is correct. Has anyone seen or used one of them?

Steven
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Hi evryone know what kind of material use fantasio for his Candle?
and the material for the ten foot pole?
thanks.
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Anyway, wats a walsh cane?? wat was the value of it??? I mean the quality value.
I heard of harakhan, mahka tendo, and fantasio.
- a f o i -
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to find a Walsh Appearing Cane? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL