The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Ten (Sanders) vs. NFW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I use a patter line for "Ten" similar to the patter he uses on "Supercards".

It goes something like this:

"Now if my two Jokers were to change with your two Jokers, that would be a pretty good trick, wouldn't it. In fact, if I had to rate it from one to five, I'd give it a five. Wouldn't you?"

Turn over the cards to reveal four fives (or tens, whatever you use in your set).
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2021 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I am pretty sure many would agree with me that when cards change in their hands, it normally gets a greater reaction.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Tailspin by John (I don't know how to spell his last name) uses no gimmicks, and is almost impromptu. First you take out any 4 of a kind named by the spectator, and one by one they turn face down. Then, they turn into double backers. Rhen, they turn into the aces. Now, you can turn them back into the original cards if you want.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-05-23 22:26, larrylegal wrote:
Does anyone do Ten by Richard Sanders? All the cards change at the end as in NFW. The cards do not flip over 1 at a time like NFW so the routine is shorter, but 2 of the 4 cards are handled by the spectator during the effect. I think that a spectator is less likely to ask to examine the cards in your hand when they themselves are holding 2 of the cards that changed from Jokers to Tens! Any comments? Any workers out there that have had success with Ten?

I do "Ten" all the time, and it kills. Let them examine the cards they are left holding, and casually show both sides of your cards, and, really, after that, in the spectators mind, there is nothing to see.

I have however, CHANGED the gimmick that makes the effect work, because I don't like being left in a "sticky situation". I use another well known gimmick and for me, it works much better.

But, whetever floats your boat.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2021 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Perhaps this is over kill and do not know if the method is mine, but here is my version.
Four aces are shown, 1 by 1 face up,tabled and a 5th card selected as you patter about how people cheat in poker.
You tell them how a guy on your right kept on looking over your shoulder so you had some fun. (Each time you count through a card, 1 turns facedown)
He then told you that the guy on his right has a full house, 3 aces, and a pair of two's. You asked what ace the other player didn't have and he told you the spade.
So you count the cards, the ACE of spades is face up and you wave it over the other cards. They are turned over and are the K,Q, and J of spades.
"Why I didn't just change them into 4 of a kind?", he asked.
I told him that wouldn't be fair.
The card selected is of course the ten of spades.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
The patter presentation seems clear enough. Although the blurb on the packaging of the marketed version is a bit suspect when it clearly states "Only four cards are used",and "The four card change that happens in the spectators hands" (well, 50% of it does).Smile

If you like your tricks short and sweet it fits the bill, but better value if you came across it on a DVD.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-12-02 08:29, daffydoug wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-23 22:26, larrylegal wrote:
Does anyone do Ten by Richard Sanders? All the cards change at the end as in NFW. The cards do not flip over 1 at a time like NFW so the routine is shorter, but 2 of the 4 cards are handled by the spectator during the effect. I think that a spectator is less likely to ask to examine the cards in your hand when they themselves are holding 2 of the cards that changed from Jokers to Tens! Any comments? Any workers out there that have had success with Ten?

I have however, CHANGED the gimmick that makes the effect work, because I don't like being left in a "sticky situation". I use another well known gimmick and for me, it works much better.

Without expousing, do you mind posting how you changed the gimmick in the Secret Session? Thanks, daffydoug!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 21:30, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:
Tailspin by John (I don't know how to spell his last name) uses no gimmicks, and is almost impromptu.

Yeah, that's one of my faves. It's in John Guastaferro's Brainstorm DVDs Vol. 2/
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Oh boy, if you like Ten and NFW, you will LOVE a new effect that will hit the market in April. It will be called 1-2-3-4 and is invented by a german magician called Lothar Voigt. I am so lucky to be allowed to produce and to market it. I showed a prototype set to a lot of magicians at the Blackpool convention this year and I got extreme positive response. Sorry to be so enthusiastic, but I really fell in love with this trick.

I will film the effect within the next few days and will post it here if you don´t mind.

By the way: I met Richard Sanders in Blackpool and was astound that he separated Ten from his DVD Supercards. But in the end the effect is so strong that it should be treated not as one effect coming with several others on one DVD but as a single one. So good decision, Richard. And I think that you now can buy this effect directly on his website. It should be http://www.sandersfx.com, but I have some problems getting onto his page. Could be my problem or some with his server. Hmmm. Please try it also...
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I like the NFW but I do it my way I use Kings or Queens, at the end I put the cards in the spectators hands ask them if they would be impressed if all the kings dissapeared.then I will have them turn the cards over in their hands to find that they are holding 4 blank cards.

Michael
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-03-16 16:36, Card-Shark wrote:
Oh boy, if you like Ten and NFW, you will LOVE a new effect that will hit the market in April. It will be called 1-2-3-4 and is invented by a german magician called Lothar Voigt. I am so lucky to be allowed to produce and to market it. I showed a prototype set to a lot of magicians at the Blackpool convention this year and I got extreme positive response. Sorry to be so enthusiastic, but I really fell in love with this trick.

I will film the effect within the next few days and will post it here if you don´t mind.

By the way: I met Richard Sanders in Blackpool and was astound that he separated Ten from his DVD Supercards. But in the end the effect is so strong that it should be treated not as one effect coming with several others on one DVD but as a single one. So good decision, Richard. And I think that you now can buy this effect directly on his website. It should be http://www.sandersfx.com, but I have some problems getting onto his page. Could be my problem or some with his server. Hmmm. Please try it also...

Don't be shy about being passionate about an effect that you think is incredible. We're looking forward to seeing the video clip!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ChrisK
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ChrisK
Even though Ten isn't on Supercards - was trying to reference it but can't find my copy - it sure sounds a lot like the other effects that he presented on that DVD using the same principal. I'm sure those who own Supercards will know where I'm heading with this...

ChrisK.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ten is on Supercards. It just uses a different value card.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
When I got the DVD Supercards, Ten was included and also the gimmick. In Blackpool he sold both things separately so I do not know if he changed the Supercards DVD and killed the chapter about Ten on it. (why should I buy a second DVD to find it out? Smile )

Chinese Proverb
ChrisK
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ChrisK
Yeah I was under the impression that he called it a 5star trick not a 10star one.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Sorry, but I do not understand that expression. What does it mean?

Chinese Proverb
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
212 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
I remember thinking that 10 seemed like NFW, but can't remember what the differences were. Is it pretty much the same effect? It's a long time since I looked at NFW.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Perhaps secret sessions issue but I have had some problems with the "art supply". I find it rubs off on the other cards leaving them sticky, it doesn't last long and it attracts dirt to the cards. Also requires a complete new DF deck to replace the Joker when it wears out.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The difference between NFW and Ten is only small but important.

I think the cards are the same, only the hidden preparation is on another card.
This enables you to do the Ten effect in the hands of the spectator while you have to perform NFW by yourself and leave the spectator just watching.

This small detail may be small but makes a great difference for spectators.

Chinese Proverb
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Here I bring back the topic as promised. But OK, much later than expected...

The working title 1-2-3-4 did not last and the trick is now called Four Card Surprise. I think this is a title that explains the effect in a better way.

Here comes the video, what do you think?

http://www.card-shark.de/4-card-surprise_en.swf

I still have to translate the routine into english language, beside of the written explanation I also will offer an online instruction video.

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Ten (Sanders) vs. NFW (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL