The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PHOTO TRICK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
HJi, guys, what do you know, about this??? Just seriosly, please, no thinking Smile))

Is it video trick or a magic trick and if magic trick, where to buy it???
Thank you so much for your answer

http://www.mojoflix.com/Video/Photo-Tricks.html

Jakub...Czech republic
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
It is a video trick. A very well done video trick.
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! Smile

It really is a camera trick for sure!
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Hummm....maybe this will be the next Invention Winner of FISM ! LoL Smile

Very interesting camera trick!
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
There's been a few TV ads and music videos that use that technique as well. I agree, it looks very cool.

It would be nice to be able to create an illusion like that in real life.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I don't think it is such a difficult task. But it would need a perfect prop/gimmick.
Yours,

Ivan
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
If one could think up a way to perform an effect like that in real life, it would be utterly incredible.

I really enjoy the HP commercials that use the same technique. It's magic!
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Hi lads. This is not trick photography. Yes it is an incredible effect. This is a very cleaver illusion that myself and a friend came up with about 3 years ago. The effect is called RTBP (retro transparent blank photo) It was also used in a vodfone commercial here in Europe. However when they filmed the commercial they did use a lot of trick photography. I never could understand way. I have a few vides of this that I plan to post on my web site after I get it up and running. Michael Rice (a member here) also has a vid of him self doing RTBP. I think he said he would post it on yourtube.com Anyway I am glad you folks like it. Thanks for your comments.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I don't know what Badger is talking about, maybe some similar type of thing that sort of looks like the video posted but I can assure you that the above video is a simple special effect that can be done on a desk top computer.

First of all here is a link walking you through how it was done (large file, be patient):

http://www.cmivfx.com/m/hp_style_cmivfx.mov

Secondly it is simply a take off of a VERY popular and famous series of commercials in the U.S. for HP printers... even the music is the same. If you buy the right softeware it is fairly easy to make this type of effect.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Here is a link to the long version of the original comercial. The shorter version is actually more similar to the guys take off posted above but this uses the same effects and you will see a portion in the middle of a guy at a desk doing the same effect. As a note of trivia the guy at the desk here is the director of the commercials and they were his idea:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbcbZ15IRQ0&a......e%20book

Is a another link of someone doing a home made version. This version is much better than the one originally posted on this thread:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rw99l56CwJw&search=HP
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Is this available for purchase?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 15:37, magicbyswh wrote:
Is this available for purchase?

It's a camera trick.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Available for purchase? Did you not read my two posts above and visit the links. The fact that we are even discussing this is absolutley INSANE. Do you watch Jurassic Park and wonder where you can purchase a pet dinosaur?

This is a simple video compositing effect. it is not really a camera trick but if you want to think of it in those terms then great. but what you see in that video is no more real then when you see Superman fly on TV... it is a special effect. I can tell you EXACTLY how it is doen and exactly what video compositing software you should use to do it... but you don't want to be bored with that.
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Before you go insane you know they are joking, right? BTW - where can I purchase my own pet dinosaur?
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Pet dinosaur...LOL I have 2 for sale.
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 23:04, Badger wrote:
Pet dinosaur...LOL I have 2 for sale.

would you accept a trade?
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Jokes on me then... it did not seem like peopel were joking and it is sometimes hard to tell on the net... you just never know how dense people can be.

My apologies and I'm glad I am not losing my mind!
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
I sell this trick, interested PM me, the retail price is $1,500,000.Two months after you pay you will receive a 4 pages PDF with the secret. After that I don´t accept complaints. In fact, it is very probable you won´t be able to find me.

Pablo Valdés.
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Can I preorder it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PHOTO TRICK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL