The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Perfect Scissors Have Been Found! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
MrFye
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of MrFye
I have the same German Gingher scissors that Al has. I bought them because, the clerk at the fabric store said, "They were the best" and I liked how shiny the handle and blades looked. I never used them for magic, because they are too sharp. I keep them hidden in a drawer and use for trimming my clothing or anywhere a precise cut is required on cloth. After I bought those I saw a review of a pair of rope cutting scissors in the Linking Ring. They sold for $20. The handle is symetrical so they will cut no matter which way you hold them. The points are dull when you buy them. The best part they give a clean cut every time. I am still using them and have never had to sharpen them. They are also very light. I hand them to the child and let them cut my rope for C&R. That's how easy and safe they are to use.
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
I've just discovered that the type of scissors Michael Finney uses are listed on Ebay as Tin Snips.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
I bought these many years ago and they've worked perfectly for me.
They were around 30.00
They're the 8 inch knife blade scissors.
http://www.sewingpalace.com/images/gingher.jpg

Having said that, on Whit's suggestion, I am going to pick up those gun blue snips asap and try them out as well.
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
My tin snips just arrived in the mail.

They do not work at all...

@#$ waste of money.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
I sell Mike Finneys scissors, it doesn't show on my website, it should soon. BTW...Mike gets his ropes from me. Smile
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Ok ok...i updated my website. now you can have the same kick-ass scissors as Finney uses.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-08-15 05:57, dbaronian wrote:
Ok ok...i updated my website. now you can have the same kick-ass scissors as Finney uses.

Wow, terrific price too! I'll be picking these up as well as some of your rope in the near future. Thank you!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
Thanks dbaronian.

Scissors arrived here in Australia, and I am extremely happy with them.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hi Tom,
Glad you like them, they are really great.

Dany
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Perfect Scissors Have Been Found! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL