The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chap's Scrapbook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Does anyone know where I can get this book?

"Chap's Scrapbook" by Frank Chapman

Thank you

Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Has anyone even heard of this book?

Mac King lists it in his top ten favourite magic books...
Click here
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
While they don't have it listed currently, I know that H&R Magic Books has had it in the past. I'd keep an eye on the used bookstores, eBay, etc. If you were in the NY area, I'd suggest setting up an appointment to visit the Conjuring Arts Research Center. Bill Kalush has a copy there.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
By the way, Chap's Scrapbook was originally a magazine that ran, briefly, in the late 30's/early 40's. All issues have since been combined into a book, which is how you'll most likely see it.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Thanks Jim!

I really want to get my hands on this book!

Simon
Click here
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I got it!!!

Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Click here
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I am also searching for the same item can you share where you got it from?

Thank you for your time

Take care and read you soon

Kuffs
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
This has just been reccomended to me.. am looking for a copy ... most specifically the routine of the capture of Black Carew
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
685 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
I bought a copy of this book about twenty-five years ago. At a subsequent I.B.M. British Ring Convention, I happened to tell Patrick Page that I had a copy and he immediately said. "Shhhh!" and looked furtively from side to side. "Don't speak so loud!" he went on, "They'll all want one and the material is too good for everybody to have copy!" - That's how good HE thinks it is and I have to agree. But don't tell anyone I said so - I'll deny it!
Stories....?....That's telling!
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1110 Posts

Profile of Chris
Your wish is my command. Frank Chapman's "Chap's Scrapbook" is now available as immediate download ebook from Lybrary.com: http://www.lybrary.com/chaps-scrapbook-p-479.html
It is a larger download at ~90MBytes, but every Bit and Byte is worth the download.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
A complete original file of Chap's Scrapbook will be sold at the Jay Marshall auction on May 5, 2007 in Schaumburg, IL. Visit http://www.squashpublications.com/PD210.html for more details.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1525 Posts

Profile of Claudio
You can find the magazines online for free at http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa , thanks to Marko.

Sorry, I should have added that´s it´s free if you´re a member.
magomarko
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of magomarko
Claudio, I have to add that membership is free. Chap's Scrapbook is one of the latest additions to the online library at The Learned Pig Project website. If you are not a member already go and fill an application: http://thelearnedpig.com.pa
Debbie Black
View Profile
New user
Phoenix,
57 Posts

Profile of Debbie Black
Look for old copies of HUGARD'S MAGIC MONTHLY
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
54 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
A copy of Chap's Scrapbook is online at The Conjuring Arts Research Centre. It is fully searchable and available at the "Charlier" level of membership ($90)

You gain access to full files of magazines including Abracadabra, Genii and more. For the $90 you also get two issues of the excellent Giobeciere journal - which is more like a book than a magazine!

I highly recommend it!

Dave Jones
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
54 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
I forgot the link!

http://www.conjuringarts.org/

Dave Jones
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chap's Scrapbook (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL