The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Effect
View Profile
New user
London
14 Posts

Profile of Effect
Just saw this on Ellusionist was wondering what everyone thought of it, looks pretty *** cool to me!ha ha!
I know Sean's a user here so I was wondering if he could answer a few questions about it;
Any special materials needed for this? (other than the ring and string of course)

Cheers

Phil

Here's the blurb:

SAW - Sean Fields

A spectacular nightmare from the demented mind of Sean Fields.

The performer unravels a length of thread. He then immediately, and VISIBLY, begins to SAW the thread straight into his throat! The spectators can actually see the thread deep under the performer's flesh, from ANY ANGLE!

Now for the REALLY disturbing part; the performer begins to pull the thread back through his throat! This is grotesque; the spectator can actually SEE the thread tearing through the skin!

After the thread has ripped through the skin, there is no wound, no scars, nothing to see, and nothing to find. Just a hunk of thread, a naked neck and the memory of an unspeakable weirdness.

You can also 'swallow' a finger ring, perform SAW and pull the thread out of your neck with the ring attached.

Sean Fields has created a deeply disturbing effect, and has teamed up with a somewhat concerned Rodney Reyes to make it available to those that like this sort of thing.

SAW. GEEK MAGIC. REDEFINED.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Doomo
So Sean finally released this one? ***! That is one creepy effect. There are very few effects and books I praise. But this has been a banner year! Out of everything released so far, I have seen a half dozen items I would reccomend without hesitation. Saw is NOT one of them! Saw is simply NOT for everyone. It is great magic. But some idiots are going to buy it and do it at birthday parties and at school during lunch etc. And another really cool piece of theater flushed away. Hmmm... Not one joke... I must be getting old...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
Doomo I agree,it should not be sold to minors:)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I checked on Sean's site but it was not listed. This would be great to use as a follow-up to Sean's Northbound.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4459 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Just ordered this, will review it when it comes
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Hmmm...interesting. Look forward to your review....
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Just saw this too.
It is really dangerous?
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
I think its a trick that deals with illusions. If its similar to what we are having in Swami Mantra, there will be an age restriction to it. I did not see any on Ellusionist, so I suppose this is safe. But I'm rather worried if this is an anytime anywhere effect or do we need props to perform?

It will be good if someone from Ellusionist could clarify this.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hey Guys,

Saw is completely safe to perform, it is just an illusion.

Other than the thread, there is a gimmick that you need to carry with you, but it is both practical and inexpensive.

I hope that helps.

Sean

P.S. I almost forgot.

I do want to commend Rodney Reyes on his work on this DVD; that guy is like Yoda when it comes to this stuff!
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Sean, please stop thinking. You're killing my bank account. Thanks.
Zezenki
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Zezenki
Ordered it, can't wait to get this as Sean tells me it's his favourite effect.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I am interested with the video. Northbound was excellent. I'm sure this is great too.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Although this just got released, there are a couple of reviews available now from some people that purchased it from Ellusionist. If you are interested in seeing what others thought about this effect, check out their reviews.

Sean
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
I should have mine on Tuesday. I'll post a review after I have some time to work with it.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
How "impromtu" is this?
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
This effect was considered for a few major TV specials because of various factors did not ultimately end up appearing on either one considering it. Obviously though it is very strong. The illusion looks great. It's certainly only for very specific times (as Doomo advises not at the next kids show). Under the right circumstances this is extremely strong.

Tim
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
Sean,

This is a very nice looking-effect, I will deffinatley be ordering-it soon. I also just wanted to say that I appreciate & respect a creative-mind like yours, keep those wonderful effects coming my friend.

Best Wishes!

Cheers,

Erick Castle
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
It looks quite astounding especially if the ring part is visual
surely it all depends on one's style wether this will be suitable or not
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I perform freak out magic/stunts ie.Piercing my cheeck, Block head,Stigmata etc. I think this would fit into that catagorey but hows the set up on it? how impromtu is it? is it hard to set up? Hows the visuals?
John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
The ring part being visual? hmmmm....
I hope it is a different technique from what is presented in Northbound..
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL