The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Quote:
On 2006-06-24 00:40, Larry Beckwith wrote:
I performed SAW as a stage effec(300-400 people)t. Wow, did it get a big reaction.

I set up a friend as a stooge, brought her up on stage, hypnotized her and begin to perform SAW on her neck. The audiences went wild!! I glanced at the audience and noticed one lady covering up her childs eyes, I can see everyones face go completley white. This effect is forever in my show.

Great job, Sean.

Yuck! See what I mean... Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Larry Beckwith, I assume you were standing behind this friend while you performed SAW? so this great effect is visible for all the audience? This's great!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1984 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can I get the certain something for this effect in the UK
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-06-25 15:07, Daren wrote:
Can I get the certain something for this effect in the UK

Yes. You may also already have this gimmick in your house.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
The DVD is wonderful, but I can't get it to work. Maybe I should buy a different brand of the gimmick... Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2935 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Out of curiosity, is this anything remotely like needle through arm?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1981 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2006-06-25 22:45, LDM wrote:
The DVD is wonderful, but I can't get it to work. Maybe I should buy a different brand of the gimmick... Smile

I thought it was all pretty much the same, but maybe there is a difference.
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Can this be done walkaround?
Close-up?
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
Quote:
On 2006-06-27 20:43, tbaer wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-06-25 22:45, LDM wrote:

I thought it was all pretty much the same, but maybe there is a difference.

I did too, but if you read ChiChi's posts, apparently there are.

Any tips?
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
Quote:
On 2006-06-27 22:39, jsheas wrote:
Can this be done walkaround?
Close-up?

Close-up, yes (although if the spectator leans in REALLY close, they'll probably see something you don't want them to see). Walkaround, no. The "reset" can't easily be done in the open.

--Josh
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2006-06-17 02:31, hypnoman1 wrote:
I just got this very nice. However anyone have any ideas about using blood to make it more realistc. I a mean not that it does not look real but to add the blood any thoughts?

Just an idea, maybe not totally what you are looking for, but will probably add to it.
If you use a black thread, you can probably paint it with some red pen, now if it's the right kind of pen, you can probably get a nice red mark where you "saw".

It's applied to a knife and a arm in another effect, really nice effect to it.

Good work on the effect Sean, this is a winner. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Quote:
On 2006-06-28 08:14, Harwin wrote:
It's applied to a knife and a arm in another effect, really nice effect to it.

Lol this brings back memories when I thought I would try that as a gag, I did the setup to a knife that I had previously thought to be a blunt knife....but no, turns out it wasnt a blunt knife at all and actually cut myself! I remember thinking at the time "this looks more realistic than I expected!"...one of my more stupid moments Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Completely different. This uses thread sawing into your neck, needle thru uses a needle going thru your arm.
LOL
James

Quote:
On 2006-06-27 01:56, lunatik wrote:
Out of curiosity, is this anything remotely like needle through arm?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I bought another brand of gimmick today. I still can't get it to work, but after reading the health warning on the gimmick, I don't want to try anymore.

I'd love to say it, but I feel it would expose too much. It's not uncommon knowledge, but some may not know, and it's not worth the risk of this health warning to me.
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
A little bit back about there was a post about blood and I am working on a gimmicked string that can dispense blood. kind of like the needle thru arm.
wildarr
View Profile
New user
Isle of Palms, SC
80 Posts

Profile of wildarr
Quote:
On 2006-06-28 18:48, LDM wrote:
I bought another brand of gimmick today. I still can't get it to work, but after reading the health warning on the gimmick, I don't want to try anymore.

I'd love to say it, but I feel it would expose too much. It's not uncommon knowledge, but some may not know, and it's not worth the risk of this health warning to me.

Take this as an opportunity to exercise your creativity! You now know what is required to perform the effect. Keep an eye out for substitutes which conform to your sense of safety. Who knows? You might discover something better!
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
I use fake blood to do the routine.

I just deep the black thread in the fake blood and roll it again.

What that does...in my mind 2 things.

1) It had gross factor to the effect.

2) Nobody want to touch your neck after that. Who want to touch a neck full of blood? It leave you a little bit less dirty.

Devilix
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-06-23 23:48, discjockey wrote:
Depends Xiqual. I think the penetration without harming your neck is what saw is designed for. I mean, anyone can choke themselves half to death. Only a magician can choke himself and find a lifesaver.

You are so right my friend! Excellent point.
Sincerly,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
This is a truly real looking highly visual illusion. As such it affords the performer the opportunity to really play up how he wants it. Play it for real... just for the creepy factor... or even for comedy. One thing is for sure, come Halloween these DVDs will be flying off the shelves!!!!!
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hey Guys,

For those who were interested/concerned, Saw should be back in stock at most fine dealers by weeks end.

Again, thank you all for the kind words and support. It is both appreciated and encouraging.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL