The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » "Greed" Starring Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TOM WIESE
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of TOM WIESE
Penquin Magic has an item called "GREED" Starring Daniel Garcia. I was wondering if anyone has seen him perform this effect other than on the demo video. If so, what do you think of it? I'm interested in this effect for a walk-a-round venue. Was wondering if this would be good in that venue?
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I'd say a well done version of "Greed" should do very nicely in a walk around environment. Very visual and easy to adapt your patter to the scenario. And then keep the dollar for a tip!
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Any word on if this can been done with Canadian currency? From watching the demo, it looked like just the corner pips changed.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
I'm not sure about the deal with canadian money is, but if the bills are the same size then you are able to do Greed.
I learned Greed from Danny at his lecture at Marc DeSouza's house, and I have used my Greed many times. I have gotten the same reactions Danny gets in the demo, so I know they aren't plants for fake reactions. I have been able to work it into my strolling card routines and it is perfect!
Thanks Danny for a great effect.

_Zim
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
Binary
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Binary
How close must the sizes of the notes be? I live in England and the sizes are different from note to note, but I guess I could print a bigger version of the notes, and I would guess noone would notice... Then again, the legality of this is questionable, even if I'm not using the money.
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
From the Penguin Website
"The color of the bills is less important. You CAN ABSOLUTELY use several different colored bills. The only difference is that with multiple colors in play you'll need to adjust your finger position slightly during the third phase."

So Canadian money will work. The only problem I can see that you might run into is if you are using, say, one of the new $5 bills, and someone hands you one of the old ones.

Also from the Penguin website
"Q: My country uses bills that are different colors or lengths -- can I still do this? A: Yes, with minor variations."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » "Greed" Starring Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL