The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Creep, My frist coin trick, Demo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Say hi to dear coin guys. Long time no being here.

Though I begin be interested in other type of magic, I love coin always.

I have being thinking a coin trick for half year. Now I complete my frist demo version of it. Despite it is crude and short, it is my frist work in coin. I don't know if someone have a similar trick. This trick absolutely is my own creation.

Hope you like it.

Any comment would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R03FGDr3Fc

Snowboard.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Great job Snowboard. I wonder if we ever met in the China Convention in Fooyong? Anyway, I loved the transfer.

rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Looks just like pendulum hanging coins. Well very similar at least, maybesome patter?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27158 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The vanishes look good. After all that work to make the coins go away, why bring them back that way (or at all)?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Hi Jonathan , the vanishes is not so solid. And very senentive to angle. Bring them back is an out of the trick. By the way, I like the effect of coins suddenly appearing at fingertips.

One thought of this trick is that when I don't wear a jacket or have sleeves or any gimmick, I can do this trick.

Hi Rannie, maybe I will attend Fuyoo Convention. I am not sure. Hope we can meet.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Hi Snowboard! Great Job! Jonathan has an interesting point, but I must say that the reproduction at the end was surprising and I liked it it very much.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Leaving aside the motivation for the moment, I thought the reappearance of the coins was very well done. Nice and clean at the end too.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8865 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Snowboard, good job! I enjoyed it, everything was very well done. Smile Keep up the great work! Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile


"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1077 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Quote:
This trick absolutely is my own creation.


I like the way you handle it, and certainly you apply your ideas...

In fact I think it's a hanging coins variation as well.

Thanks for sharing !
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Nicely done man~

The plot is similar to my Geek, but as you can see the same plot can have so many variations~ that's the beauty of magic =)

In my version I don't put the coins the same way as you did, but from the feedbacks from others I'm working on something similar to yours (the hanging sequence).

May be it's just me, but when you vanish the first coin, you can actually flip the 2 coins the way I did (at the 5th seconde), it's kind of cool when you can show the 2 remaining coins that freely =)

In case you'd like to have a look:
ihome.ust.hk/~vcheung/geek.mpg

Once again nice effect~ thanks for sharing.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27158 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
With just a few more coins, and an English Penney you could do a nice 3 for 1 transposition working here.

The last vanish in your routine using JWGrip is a great setup for changing the coin to another coin or ring.

Go for it. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I personally liked it very much, patter would be nice in performance but as far as technique, I found it to be really good.
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 13:13, lawrens wrote:
Quote:
This trick absolutely is my own creation.

I like the way you handle it, and certainly you apply your ideas...

In fact I think it's a hanging coins variation as well.

Thanks for sharing !

I'm not good in English. When I say creation. I mean I devise a method (of course the variation) similar to hanging coins plot. It's my own handling. Thank you for your comment.

Credit to David Roth, Kainoa Harbottle, Shoot Ogawa, Apollo Robbins.

Snowboard


Posted: May 25, 2006 2:37pm
------------------------------------------
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 13:28, info2victor wrote:
Nicely done man~

The plot is similar to my Geek, but as you can see the same plot can have so many variations~ that's the beauty of magic =)

In my version I don't put the coins the same way as you did, but from the feedbacks from others I'm working on something similar to yours (the hanging sequence).

May be it's just me, but when you vanish the first coin, you can actually flip the 2 coins the way I did (at the 5th seconde), it's kind of cool when you can show the 2 remaining coins that freely =)

In case you'd like to have a look:
ihome.ust.hk/~vcheung/geek.mpg

Once again nice effect~ thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing. I like it, great job! your version are more practical than mine. I mean the angle problem. I like the last phase of retrieving.
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I thought the sudden and undexpected reveal of the coins was a brilliant effect. Nice to see some "out of the box" thinking on the handling and retelling of this classic routine.

I enjoyed it very much...nicely done.

BooRadley
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Very nice. I'm not a big fan of Hanging Coins, but your version is the best I've seen. I'd agree that if you don't have to make them reappear, don't. But then what do you do next? Your hands are dirty with a ton of heat on them. Put them in your pockets?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Yeah, I can't make them really disappear.

Justin's Silver Dream is my dream of vanish coins one by one with sleight of hand.I can't do it yet.

I am a little confused that if make the coins completely vanish. If do that ,must add some additional moves or sleeving.It make reduce the simplicity of the trick.
I am agree,the reapear of coin make the trick less magical,though it look a little surprise.

My place is in hot weather often. People don't wear sleeve. I love the sleeving ,but it is difficult for me. Another one impressived me very much is Gary Kurtz's Full Frontal Assault rontine the vanish of three coin.Great sleeving and pure magic.

Snowboard.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 14:37, snowboard wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 13:28, info2victor wrote:
Nicely done man~

The plot is similar to my Geek, but as you can see the same plot can have so many variations~ that's the beauty of magic =)

In my version I don't put the coins the same way as you did, but from the feedbacks from others I'm working on something similar to yours (the hanging sequence).

May be it's just me, but when you vanish the first coin, you can actually flip the 2 coins the way I did (at the 5th seconde), it's kind of cool when you can show the 2 remaining coins that freely =)

In case you'd like to have a look:
ihome.ust.hk/~vcheung/geek.mpg

Once again nice effect~ thanks for sharing.


Thank you for sharing. I like it ,great job! your version are more practical than mine. I mean the angle problem. I like the last phase of retrieving.
.




Thanks Snowboard.

Mine also have angle problems... may be it's just different from yours. I would not say one is more practical than the other, but each is more practical in certain situations.

It's always good to know a couple of handlings so you can use the most suitable handling at anytime to achieve the maximum effect.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Technically very very pretty. I'm tempted to say that you should focus on other things than your cointechniques now. It is really very good. But I won't..hahaha!

Your clip shows a lot of devotion on cointechniques. Put the same effort in presentation, motivation and character, and you may have something truly magical!
Bravo!

(Turn to other threads than the coinforums now and then. Otherwise your focus may stay too long on technique and origins of moves/routines. I'm sure a pm to Jonathan T. may give you some interesting directions.)
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3496 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Great effect and pretty to watch.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Beautifull!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Creep, My frist coin trick, Demo video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL