The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Creep, My frist coin trick, Demo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Very nicfe. Well done.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Bravo my dear sir!
Looks great!
Justin Miller
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I love the flash re-appearnce at the finish.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 01:37, snowboard wrote:

My place is in hot weather often. People don't wear sleeve. I love the sleeving ,but it is difficult for me. Another one impressived me very much is Gary Kurtz's Full Frontal Assault rontine the vanish of three coin.Great sleeving and pure magic.

Snowboard.

My soon to be released DVD, Catault!, has an entire section on sleeving with sleeves up. Perfect for hot weather. It might be a nice way to finish this routine. Make them vanish one at a time. Make them flash reappear followed by an amazingly clean flash vanish with sleeves up.

I'll let you know when it's due out.

Platt
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Keep us all posted Platt – we're waiting!
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 12:30, Platt wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 01:37, snowboard wrote:

My place is in hot weather often. People don't wear sleeve. I love the sleeving ,but it is difficult for me. Another one impressived me very much is Gary Kurtz's Full Frontal Assault rontine the vanish of three coin.Great sleeving and pure magic.

Snowboard.

My soon to be released DVD, Catault!, has an entire section on sleeving with sleeves up. Perfect for hot weather. It might be a nice way to finish this routine. Make them vanish one at a time. Make them flash reappear followed by an amazingly clean flash vanish with sleeves up.

I'll let you know when it's due out.

Platt

Wow ,It's so cool. expecting the DVD.

And thanks all the appreciate of reply.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Snowboard my friend! I just watched it again , and I must say that you are one fine coinman! I loved it!

Plat, I have to be the first in Asia to have your DVD! All the best man!

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Man, there is a lot of talent on the Café! Snowboard, your routine was awesome especially the lightening fast reproduction. Rannie and Platt thanks for sharing your great stuff.

-Larry
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I agree Larry. As a relative beginner, I am truly surounded by giants here – and extremely helpful ones at that. My thanks to all of you, it's much appreciated!
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Snowboard,

I liked the routine, very nice job, well done! I really like the flash appearance of all three. Cheers,

Bill
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Snowboard,

I watched it several time, good work and I found the ending a nice surprise.

Tom
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Add my congratulations to the list. Nicely thought out, and it looks pretty good. The transfer from EG to NP is not an easy thing. Yours is good. You might adapt Kainoa's EG2EG changeover and get a slightly smoother transfer.

The use of NP in the left hand in the last vanish is an excellent application. The NP concealment is best when it's not in the hand that the audience is totally focused on. Your use here is the right way to use it.

And of course, the "pop" appearance of the three coins is striking.

Here's a slight variation you might like:

Start showing three copper coins, and three c/s (silver side to the audience). It looks like three copper, three silver. Close your hand over all the coins, flipping them over. Remove the c/s coins, now looking like three coppers. Without showing them, place the three real coppers into a purse, or an opaque cup, or even a goblet. (The audience will assume they are the silvers)

Now do your sequence, being careful only to show the copper sides. When they reappear, they're all silver. Show the coppers are in the cup.

Call it a flash version of "Purse and Glass" or "Reset" with coins. Or perhaps a flash version of my Goblet routine.

Or, just skip the initial switch, and you're set up for the coin version of "Riccochet".

Just one way to resolve Jonathan's question ("why make them reappear?") and your answer ("because they're still there") that works in sleeveless topitless conditions.

Thanks for sharing your work.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Curtis, Thanks for watching and Thanks a lot for adding the "Reset" idea to my trick.

I very appreciate the Reset idea. And respect you for the senior view in Coin magic. It open my eyes wide.

After read your post,I tryed it out instantly. And I changed the handling of switch for keeping the copper side out. All things looked very good. Btw,I found the C/S coin are soft coins. They kept quiet very well.

----------------
"Or, just skip the initial switch, and you're set up for the coin version of "Riccochet". "
----------------

What's riccochet? A coin Vanish sequence very clean?

Thanks again,and for all one watched the CREEP.

Snowboard
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2006-05-30 07:20, snowboard wrote:
Curtis, Thanks for watching and Thanks a lot for adding the "Reset" idea to my trick.

I very appreciate the Reset idea. And respect you for the senior view in Coin magic. It open my eyes wide.

We must respect our elders....

When I'm in Hawai'i, I drive Curtis and the other senior coin magicians to their gigs in a special bus. At least Curtis has aged better than some of us. He's actually lost weight recently, but I think it was on purpose rather than just due to shrivelling.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I'd comment on this, but I don't have time.

It's rice pudding night back at the home....

(thanks, as always, to Billy McComb)
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2932 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Great ideas! Love the routine Snowboard!

The Kickback idea is very cool indeed. Thanks for sharing Curtis.

Snowboard Ricochet is a card effect that is similar in effect to Reset that was put out by Paul Wilson and Lee Asher. The Kickback concept was created by Ryan Swigert who's routine of the same name is available from him.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Hi Nathan, I love your fire coin too.

I have shot a new video of the creep and with a explanation.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2932 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
That is great. I would love to check it out.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I love the ending. It looks very magical. Many times this type of reproduction just does not look quite right. But, at least in the video I watched the repro happened so fast and smooth the effect was perfect. Kudos! Best,
Brad Burt
aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
I just checked out your video and I was floored by the reproduction of the coins. I really like how your hands appear totally empty right before the reproduction. What palm are you using there and where did you learn it?

Curtis said it was NP but this is not one I am familar with so that is why I am asking where you learned it.

Keep posting your effects they are nice.
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Creep, My frist coin trick, Demo video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL