We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kovari's Turbo Bunny vs. Run Wolf Run (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI Doug,
heres a suggestion/ rough idea/ basic scetch for an effect I feel would be very strong on magic, suit your like for props/ pirate theme and have the fun of RRR. make two small dagger vannish boxes (if you made3 one slightly smaller than the other you could nest them for transporting) you will also need a remote control car (with forward and reverse) a stuffed/toy parrot and a lenght of thin plastic or plywood (size dependent on size of parrot/car.

ok now strip the car down to the basic chassis and motor mount the parrot on it, lie the two dagger chests on the table (on there sides) place the ply wood cutout from one chest to the other (clip in place quick release)

ok show the parrot place it in one of the chests (you will be able to see it though the cut out fronts, let it run back and forth from box yo box as you like then notice that the kids can see though the front put the dagger chest panels in place and allow it to run they should still be able to see it though the cutouts in the linking plywood panel as it runs accross for the finally stand the chest containing the parrot upright stick sword/dagger through remove front panel to show vannish spin and dich, repeat with other empty chest leaviny the panel that was joining the boxes on the table , bow, look at panel , smile pichiny it up showing it is hiding nothing ... get your applause!

some details to iron out , you will prob want to ad story but nice routine there for you
Phillip
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Phillip,

thank you for sharing this very very creative routine!

I used RWR yesterday and the kids didn't seem to have any trouble with visibility...they called out each time they saw the wolf appear/animate...good fun with this.

Smartini
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Wow, thanks Phillip! That really is a great routine, and I must take my hat off to you for your creativity. Since you've been so kind as to come up with the idea, I'm sure I'll try to make this prop. But prop making is not my forte! I can repair stuff, come up with customised solutions, but when I try to make a prop it often looks rather sad. That's why I prefer to buy props, I can twist most routines to have a pirate slant.
Still, I can picture the effect of the effect (?!) The kids would adore the idea. and I have most of the things needed to get started. I only need to make or buy suitable dagger vanish boxes. Certainly the idea of making the RRR theme a 3D effect is appealing.
Sorry this has gone off-thread, anyone compared the two props yet? Soon.....
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
959 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Ive made a habbit of collecting most Run whatever Runs.
The wolf brings My total to 15 , in My collection.

As far as rating them , who cares ?
As long as You are happy with whatever version You have.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-15 05:12, WayneNZ wrote:
Ive made a habbit of collecting most Run whatever Runs.
The wolf brings My total to 15 , in My collection.

As far as rating them , who cares ?
As long as You are happy with whatever version You have.

Do you ever use them all in the same show? just kidding Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I am not great at making things Either I often have ideas which way out do my abilty to actualy make the prop up!
phillip
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Quote:

Sorry this has gone off-thread, anyone compared the two props yet? Soon.....

OK Jokers
We SPECIFICALLY just purchased Run Wolf Run from another Café' member for the purpose of a Review.
It should arrive today or tomorrow. I have Kovari's Bunny arriving on loan concurrently as well.
This thread has been an interesting read.
In addition to placing this into our performance under a variety of conditions from in home birthdays to a seated museum auditorium and cultural arts center auditorium show we will videotape from the rear seating to both listen to comments and see on camera the visibility aspect (as we usually do).

If this "prop" works out naturally I will keep it in the show for a specific age range. If we feel it does not meet our criteria it will be for sale on the Café'

GLOD
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
It has arrived
First impression: It's a beautiful prop
Second impression : It's a beautiful prop.

Review forthcoming after performance impact evaluations
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I've been reading this thread with interest as I am looking into buying a run -- run effect for playgroup and nursery shows this christmas. I've cut out a lot of my bigger items for my main shows but for the younger age group I'm going to try and carry a few less magical 'fun' items.

I see on another thread that Rogue Clown finally got some video footage of his Run Wolf Run routine online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xNNbMbImaU

As far as the visibility goes - The chickens in the henhouse seem to make it look like the wolf is still in there when it's supposed to be empty. Is that a problem in a show situation or is it just because I'm watching a small video screen? I must admit that I had trouble seeing the wolf going accross at times too. This might just have been down to the speed he was travelling though.

I also found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crd6yXXO6e8

I actually thought this routine was funnier and easier to follow, mainly because Billy Wiz varies the speed of the Wolf a bit more (no offence Rogue Clown, just something you might want to consider)

Does anyone have a clip of turbo bunny? I remember seeing George Kovari dem this years ago and being very impressed with the animation and mechanism.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Thanks for resurrecting this thread, Kimmo. You note a visibility problem, seeing the Wolf in with the chickens with RC's performance, but notice how Billy Whiz deals with that. Yeah, I agree, Billy Whizz does the Biz with RWR. That's pretty much how it plays, you can make it more or less elaborate, but he's working it good! Believe it or not, after claiming I'd compare the two props side by side last year, I completely forgot, so did my pal who has Turbo Bunny. We WILL try to give you a comparison soon!...
(Turbo Bunny moves FAST, it's all done with string or elastic if memory serves...)
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1301 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Here's an oldie but goodie... and I'd like to bring my opinions to the table...
I recently purchased a used Turbo Bunny online. After running through it a few times, I found some hangups. Failed embarrassingly during my first performance with it. A piece of crap.

Was so upset, I contacted George to purchase a new version. Meanwhile, I purchased a mint condition Wacky Wolf.

My take on both:

Yes, Turbo Bunny has a basic look, but is much more visable... if performing either at a distance or in parlor, everything is seen. Chance's version is much more vibrant... it more closely matches the look of my presentation. Parlor settings, it is my choice, HOWEVER... with my small hands, it is more difficult to make all the movements with minimum hand movement. I do feel this model is a sturdier manufactured prop... and I have worked in a metal fab shop.

Turbo Bunny... easier for me to operate, however, due to the mechanism you are not able to control the speed of the movement without appearing "jerky." But again, if you're going for the "look," it is not as "artsy" as Chance's product.

So, it depends, for me, on the distance of the audience, combined with the considerations of your overall image you would like to present. I think both products have their places... from my experience the Turbo Bunny may be more prone to mechanical issues due to the mechanism it employs.

Happy Hunting. This is an old principle that still brings an amazing reaction from the kids as well as the adult onlookers, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

Thank you, Chance and George!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7370 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This thread was originally started in May 2006 (13+ years ago).

Here's another version that has come on the market since then.

"Run Run Run" by Smoky Mountain Magic:

https://www.smmagic.com/blog1/?product=run-run-run-2

Interchangeable themes are available (Rabbit, Monkey, Santa, Elephant, Wizard, Tiger, Princess are all shown on the site). You choose a main theme when you first buy the prop, and then buy replacement themes to adapt the prop.

- Donald

P.S. I don't own this prop, but I do own a Smoky Mountain Magic Pizza Box, along with a replacement theme for it ("Christmas Cookies" on the door panels, and a Gingerbread Man Cookie on the round disk... not to be confused with the Smoky Mountain Magic Cookie Box, which is a different, smaller prop). I like the idea of interchangeable pieces for the same core prop.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1301 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2019, Donald Dunphy wrote:
This thread was originally started in May 2006 (13+ years ago).

Here's another version that has come on the market since then.

"Run Run Run" by Smoky Mountain Magic:

https://www.smmagic.com/blog1/?product=run-run-run-2

Interchangeable themes are available (Rabbit, Monkey, Santa, Elephant, Wizard, Tiger, Princess are all shown on the site). You choose a main theme when you first buy the prop, and then buy replacement themes to adapt the prop.

- Donald

P.S. I don't own this prop, but I do own a Smoky Mountain Magic Pizza Box, along with a replacement theme for it ("Christmas Cookies" on the door panels, and a Gingerbread Man Cookie on the round disk... not to be confused with the Smoky Mountain Magic Cookie Box, which is a different, smaller prop). I like the idea of interchangeable pieces for the same core prop.

Dan's Pizza Box is my favorite... it is my go to item when a parent has a theme for the party. I simply create the door and pizza "covers" on my inkjet and, believe it or not, use rubber cement to attach. It cleans up perfectly after the show.

As an aside, Dan has a FRAIDY FRAME that is equally versatile, but can't modify it on my own. The price, however, is worth the custom work. Just purchased my third gimmick set for use in an anti-bully show. Again, pricey but SOOOOO versatile.

I LOVE the old threads. I can search and find anything. If I can't, you, Donald, are my google. Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7370 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yes, I've had my eye on his version of Fraidy for a while now. (I bought a Magic Pizza Box, The Lost Star, and StratBlocks from him back in December).

A couple more interchangeable items that Dan Wolfe (Smoky Mountain Magic) makes are StratBlocks and also his version of the Wrist Chopper.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
965 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Stemplton wrote:

Turbo Bunny... easier for me to operate, however, due to the mechanism you are not able to control the speed of the movement without appearing "jerky." But again, if you're going for the "look," it is not as "artsy" as Chance's product.

Al Kazam: I've been using turbo bunny for a very long time. Mine must be over 30 years old and I've pulled it apart a few times to do running repairs to it. When you mentioned the "jerky" mechanism I get what you mean. What I do is when I start telling my story I only move it half way and leave it there for a few seconds for the kids to catch on that it's not supposed to be there. Then I quickly move the rabbit over to the left hand side for a few seconds while I keep telling my story and activate the spring lever to make his stick out. (I play this whole thing as a Look Don't See situation) After that It's just a quick slide from one side to the other and back again.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
amazingvijay
View Profile
Regular user
N. California Bay Area
168 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
I was lucky enough to acquire a Run Wolf Run recently. Does anyone have any suggestion for a box/container, that I can buy to transport it to my shows? I was looking at some soft Gator pedal cases that may fit, but not sure if there any better options.

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1301 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2019, amazingvijay wrote:
I was lucky enough to acquire a Run Wolf Run recently. Does anyone have any suggestion for a box/container, that I can buy to transport it to my shows? I was looking at some soft Gator pedal cases that may fit, but not sure if there any better options.

Vijay

Yep, the Gator GK 2110 is what I purchased and it fits perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kovari's Turbo Bunny vs. Run Wolf Run (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL