The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » If A Magician Was on Punked. What would you do. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
If you were a host on the show Punked. And had a change to punk a magician. What would you do?
(if you don't know what punked is - go to mtv.com, lool up punked and then come back here) (its like candid camera)

Have fun -

Ryan
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I would make him think he really cut his assistant in half.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I would give him a fake and unresponsive audience. After a minute or two, I would tell him a mistake was made and he is entertaining a group of blind people.

Thanks,
Richard
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Those are both hilarious!

I would begin by putting on loud 60's go-go music followed by a disco ball and rotating platform complete with show girls and bad disco dancing. The entire audience would go absolutely wild and start dancing along to the music.

All of this during his super serious bullet catch routine.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
I would empty Copperfield's warehouse and let him think it had been stolen or something.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Copperfield and Henning were both on a tv show called Bloopers and Practical Jokes back in the 80's. The gag was not magic related in either case .. but they were entertaining to see them react to situations off stage. Doug's gag involved his wife ripping off the tags at a furniture store .. it was pretty cool. Copperfield's segment had to do with a cross dresser .. it was strange. Both caught them off gaurd ... especially poor Doug.

Steve
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Arrange it so he is performing inside a high security prison and the inmates (actors) overpower the guards and start to riot during his act....turning their attentions to the magician eventually and taking him hostage...emphasising to him while tying him up they aren't interested in his lovely 'female' assistants...if you get my meaning....could prove very entertaining!
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
The wearhouse idea would be nice, for instance: "IRS takeing everithing, cause there has been problems in accaunting" Smile
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I think the warehouse idea is stupid ... you shouldn't mess with someones livelyhood. I know I wouldn't find it very funny at all.

There are more creative ways to get a laugh ..

Steve
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Actually on punked they did just that. A huge singer in rock and roll (his name escapes me) but he pulls up to his house. There's IRS people EVERYWHERE. Towing his SUV, people taking furniture out of his house. Informs him he ows the US government like 20 million dollars. (he about peed himself) I thought It was quite funny, and great to see his relief on the steps they took to really trick him. Although I do see steve's point.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
rsmagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of rsmagic
In the Netherlands Richard Ross was "punked" with his car.
When Richard was at the golf course,....they switched his car for an english version,..and everything was mirrored.
(the team did an excellend job,...they ordered the same car but everything was reversed.) even the papers, stickers,licence plate,..candy's,..everything was put back in place,..same mess, same scratches, same keylock,... only the steering-wheel was on the RIGHT side in stead of LEFT!!
It was verry funny when Richard noticed it was his own car but the steering-wheel was anyhow on the wrong side!!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I like nicks but I would probably do somthing like a sword suspension and make it go "horribly wrong" and make all three blades actually penetrate the girl... or just like you said cutting a girl in half! That would be hilarious
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
There's one practical joke that was played on a friend of mine at a Magician's convention. He was on the bill and some of the guys woke him up several hours too early, on purpose, and convinced him that he overslept and was due on stage in ten minutes! He almost injured himself trying to get ready so fast.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I would book him with another (stooge) magician, who is lousy, and cue the audience to go crazy over the bad magician, over the simplest tricks, and then have no reaction to the real magician.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Do you know what would really freak him out? I'm not sure how theyed do it but if they do the guelotine illusion were they take someone from the audience and when he comes down with the blade have the head really come off and roll across the staage. they would just freak out.
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
I would just like the chance to punch ashton kutcher! The smug Git!
Keep passing the open windows!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1396 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Most of the names in magic big enough to be on Punked don't' have a good enough sense of humor to have it happen.

They'd end up punching out some poor cameraman..
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
Tell me if I'm wrong but wasn't, Chris ( one of the magicians on T.H.E.M. ) on a episode? What happened was that Chris was a phony magiciang that asked to show a couple a trick with one of their watches, and then he proceeded on putting it in a bag then throwing it on the floor. The audience waited for him to restore the broken watch but the phony magician did not, and then you know what happens...Ashton comes out running with a microphone...

by the way I am not 100% sure if this was Chris but it sure looked like him, can any of you remark on this?
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I don't know about this, but I've often thought you could make a good living if you were a pickpocket and had an accompilice who hid nearby with a video camera. If you were ever caught, your accompilice could just run out and you could pull out a microphone and pretend you were just 'punking' the guy for a TV show. Slap him on the back, give him back his stuff, get a reaction shot, have a good lauch, have him sign a release form, and you're on your way to the next spot, where hopefully you'll be more successful. You'd never be arrested.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Quote:
On 2006-06-10 20:26, airship wrote:
I don't know about this, but I've often thought you could make a good living if you were a pickpocket and had an accompilice who hid nearby with a video camera. If you were ever caught, your accompilice could just run out and you could pull out a microphone and pretend you were just 'punking' the guy for a TV show. Slap him on the back, give him back his stuff, get a reaction shot, have a good lauch, have him sign a release form, and you're on your way to the next spot, where hopefully you'll be more successful. You'd never be arrested.

You, airship, are a criminal genius!

I promise (wink) that I will never try this...Ever :wink:

Prof. Piper

:applause:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » If A Magician Was on Punked. What would you do. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL