The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Setting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

reminis16
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of reminis16
My dove is in my room. Is this ok? It's just one. Also I sleep with fan on while he's in his cage. It's off if he's out. Will it be too cold? Last, is it best put covers on the cage?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Usually one dove will not be a problem. They do produce a dust called dander which can effect your breathing however, one bird shouldn't be a problem unless you have asthma or a respiratory problem to start with. You'll see the dust on just about everything in the room. Don't let it build up. It's difficult to remove.

The fan isn't a problem and you can leave it on whether it's in or out of the cage as long as there's a frame around the blades. It won't be too cold for the birds, just don't create a draft for it. A fan blowing directly on the dove can cause trouble.

It isn't necessary to cover the cage. When it gets dark at night, the dove will go to sleep.
Where the magic begins
reminis16
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of reminis16
The fan is under all of us, Its a small 10x10 room. haha, The fan blows everyone under The room. There is no Fram around blades, where can I pick one of these up?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean, "the fan is under all of us...blows everyone under the room". Normal room fans come with the blades enclosed in a plastic or wire frame. Sorry, I'm just confused.
Where the magic begins
reminis16
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of reminis16
Its a cieling Fan Im sorry.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Ah, I had a totally different idea in my head Smile Experiment with the placement of the cage. As long as there's no strong direct draft on the dove, it will be fine. Since it's a ceiling fan, I would continue to leave it off while your bird is free of it's cage.
Where the magic begins
reminis16
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of reminis16
There isn't, I mean I feel it.. but its not PLOWING down hard. LOL its so funny seeing the dove stretching HAHA.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sounds like you're fine.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Setting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL