The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism effects for a beginner? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Well, the Invisible Deck has got to be one of the top opportunities for a mentalism card routine. Also, Banachek's printed materials and Annemann's works have many routines already put together, including Annemann's En Rapport, a 2 person code act using cards, among others.

Here's a link on the Café to a thread on a 2 person code act. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Posted: Feb 25, 2007 10:18am
By the way, I'm about as beginner as one can get at this, and I have the sources you quoted at the beginning of this thread. There's a lifetime of gems -- methods, tips and routines -- in all of those materials. Just pick a few items from those sources, practice until you're comfortable and go from there.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
By the way, I'm about as beginner as one can get at this, and I have the sources you quoted at the beginning of this thread. There's a lifetime of gems -- methods, tips and routines -- in all of those materials. Just pick a few items from those sources, practice until you're comfortable and go from there.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 23:31, Bill Fienning wrote:
I believe that a mentalism performer must decide between doing "mental magic" (i.e., a magician who does some mentalism-related tricks) and doing "mentalism" (i.e., mental material that seems to be real). If you are doing mental magic, then use that Mental Epic contraption that you bought at the magic store. If you are doing mentalism, your props, if any, need to look like they came from the office supply store, etc. (and maybe they really did).

I understand, Bill. I noticed kids like magic more. The adults like mental magic more. I am not a mentalist yet. When I become one, I will find out if the adults like mentalism or mental magic more. Whatever pleases them the most, I will stay on that route.

BTW, is a performer of "mental magic" called a "Mentalist Magician" or "Magician Mentalist?"
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Hi mike

you say your not a mentalist yet, have you applied for your license yet? mine took about 6 months to process, so you may want to have a look into getting the ball rolling so to speak. if you need any advice let me know buddy

all the best
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 21:50, TT2 wrote:
Tell them it's "Dynamike-ism", please. Smile

Thanks, I owe you one.
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 11:19, looch wrote:
Hi mike

you say your not a mentalist yet, have you applied for your license yet? mine took about 6 months to process, so you may want to have a look into getting the ball rolling so to speak. if you need any advice let me know buddy

all the best

Quote:
On 2007-02-25 11:19, looch wrote:
Hi mike

all the best

I am going to push for several high schools this/next year. I will perform pure mentalism to see how it goes.
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 21:54, Patrick Redford wrote:
Mike where could I see you perform?

The city of Oak Park on 3-4-07, 7pm. If you will be available, send me a PM.
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
The mentalism trick that I prefer is stigmata because it is impromptu
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Mike I really wish I was close enough geographically speaking to catch you live. I can really feel your passion for performing, and vicariously I love making the journey with you, thru your posts, of discovering the potency of mentalism.

In regard to the topic at hand:

Roketeer:

Welcome to Mentalism! Here's a big "underground" head start for you...fall in love with "billet work"...just go with it and trust me and the few folks that will post beneath me with their agreement on this tip.

With billet-doux you can get a kickstart...Check out these keywords on the Café search:

bob cassidy person and place

DT3
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Whatever happend to the ole bullet catch for beginners? Keeps my market larger you know... Smile
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-02-26 01:07, tian_ci wrote:
Whatever happend to the ole bullet catch for beginners? Keeps my market larger you know... Smile

Don't make it so easy, they may start to suspect us of something as gauche as "tomfoolery"

DT3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-02-26 00:48, Don Theo III wrote:
Welcome to Mentalism! Here's a big "underground" head start for you...fall in love with "billet work"...just go with it and trust me and the few folks that will post beneath me with their agreement on this tip.

With billet-doux you can get a kickstart...Check out these keywords on the Café search:

bob cassidy person and place

DT3

I do have a few books and DVDs requiring CT. I'm still working on that right now.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Rocketeer, If you have to ask ...you are not ready for that first show. Please accept this as constructive advice. Do your magic act and include some simple mental effect just to get the feel of it. But make it simple.The first effect should be your choice not someone else's.In that way you will either be encouraged to add more or spend more time learning. Always remember that presentation is the most important part of any effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism effects for a beginner? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL