The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Marketed effects with giants cards (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
What effects are marketed with giants cards?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Aldo Colombini and Martin Lewis both have some wonderful effects with jumbo cards.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sidewalk Shuffle, Chase the Ace, Jumbo BWAVE, Invisible Deck, Jumbo split deck... and more...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
The McCombical Deck is another good one.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Thank you, but I mean giants, not jumbo cards, anyway, where can I find those effects?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
If you can find one of the original 3 Card Monarch effects by Harry Anderson (manufactured and sold by the original Sun Magic in Arizona in the 1980's) you'll have a great GIANT card routine.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Two of my favorites, that I perform often, are Peter Duffie's "Pick Me, Pick Me Not", which is marketed by Aldo Colombini and "Sidewalk Shuffle", which is marketed by Martin Lewis. They're both standard dealer items, as with most items listed above.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
If you're looking only for effects that use larger than jumbo cards, Gary Summers has a "giant" 3 card monte effect that uses 11" x 15" cards. Available at Hocus Pocus.
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
I often find a regular deck effect and just enlarge it to a Jumbo version for my own use. I did this with B'Wave years before it was marketed in a jumbo size.
My current favourite is a giant "Whole Card Jumbo" which plays well on platform OR in close-up.

Another effect that enlarges well for stage is Danny Archer's "Animental". My cards measure 17" x 20". Animental works best in the large format if the graphics are arranged in a square format rather than in a straight line as in the original regular size

Any court card will enlarge easily to an A3 size (approx twice leter size)using a scanner and an ink-jet printer. Print onto a photo quality 80 gm paper with a non water based glue. Spray with a matt finish clear laquer.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
I've seen/done/owned/known about the Invisible Deck for a good 30 years now, but only recently saw someone work a jumbo version. He kept it in a bank bag (and even had a funny bit about what a bank bag is used for!)......it played very well for a HUGE audience! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Check themagicgadgetsite.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Jumbo Coincidence by Aldo is great!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
The larger than Jumbo Three Card Monte sets are great when performed as originally intended or using just one in a McCombical-type presentation.

Julie
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I bought a giant deck on eBay and do Chef Anton's Jumbo Monte with them. The trick is actually "Color Monte" enlarged. I do it at every show and it goes over great plus it uses "regular" cards which can be examined.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Big Parade of the Kings
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
From The Magic Nook (you'll have to go looking or send me an e-mail for more details) "Giant Monte" from 2005, "Ace Chaser", "ABC Stung Revisited", "Ghost Card" - all from 2011, "In Their Hands Hippity Hops (cards)", "New Ace Chaser", "Alice's Wonderland Monte"- all from 2017, "Mumbo Jumbo Monte" - from 2018, "Make Me" from 2019. All use cards as large as you can handle them because you make them yourself in what we call "Ultra-Jumbo" sizes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Marketed effects with giants cards (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL